Languish, help me plan a Euro vacation. Rome, Paris and London.

Started by lustindarkness, February 17, 2015, 11:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Thank you. CF found some bus deal, but we will also compare with a car rental, wich I would love driving over there.

Sad I won't have my truck to drive some midget cars off the road. :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

The Airborne Musuem is in St. Mere Eglise. One click followed by two clicks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 19, 2015, 05:20:30 PM
Thank you. CF found some bus deal, but we will also compare with a car rental, wich I would love driving over there.

Sad I won't have my truck to drive some midget cars off the road. :(

I'd definitely recommend renting a car. It isn't expensive, the driving is quite civilized, and it opens a lot more possibilities (also breaks you from the strict tourist trail).

I once had a few days to spend outside Paris on history nerd stuff, and I went in the other direction: Verdun, the Argonne Forest Memorial, Fort Hackenberg (one of the Maginot Line forts), and Luxembourg (was planning on Bastogne but ran out of time--got stuck wandering around Luxembourg city instead, which was quite pleasant).

I thought Verdun and Hackenberg were really cool. I can't compare with Normandy as I've never been, but I think I made the right decision.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 19, 2015, 05:43:54 PM

Good time of the year to go there, since the temperature should be pleasant and Ed's family is not roaming the Normand countryside yet.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 20, 2015, 12:00:08 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 19, 2015, 05:43:54 PM

Good time of the year to go there, since the temperature should be pleasant and Ed's family is not roaming the Normand countryside yet.

Nevertheless, his kids will probably beat Monty to Caen.

lustindarkness

Rome and Florence was The Awesome. :yeah: Not easy to leave Rome behind.
Waiting on our flight to Paris. Language will be more limiting on this next phase of the trip.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

The Larch

Glad you enjoyed Italy.  :) Anything that particulary stood out for you?

lustindarkness

Stood out? A three way fight between the history,  the art, and the food. Sistine Chapel maybe my highlight.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Languish,  please be informed that this Rican just put sugar cubes in his coffee. Sugar cubes!
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 30, 2015, 07:59:13 AM
Languish,  please be informed that this Rican just put sugar cubes in his coffee. Sugar cubes!
:hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

lustindarkness

Our vacation was The Awesome, thank you Languish for helping us plan it. :hug:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Of all the things I saw in the last two weeks, all of the languishtas are in the list of the highlights of our trip.

In kinda sorta chronological order: Rome, Vatican, Sistine Chapel, Colosseum, Forum, Florence, Paris, Arch de Triumph, Duque de Bragança, Mont Martre, Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Notre Dame, Mont St Michel, London, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Buckingham, British Museum, Tower of London, Richard Hakluyt, Brazen, Monoriu, garbon, Eochaid, Tamas, Museum of London, Greenwich, Nautical Museum, and Observatory.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom