Languish, help me plan a Euro vacation. Rome, Paris and London.

Started by lustindarkness, February 17, 2015, 11:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

It seems that as soon as gypsies cross into Germanic language territory they stop pick pocketting and accordion playing and move into copper wire theft
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on February 24, 2015, 06:29:07 PM
It seems that as soon as gypsies cross into Germanic language territory they stop pick pocketting and accordion playing and move into copper wire theft

Over here they do both things.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on February 24, 2015, 06:39:29 PM
Quote from: Tyr on February 24, 2015, 06:29:07 PM

Over here they do both things.

Really depends where you are. Touristy city centres are target-rich environments. In the countryside and small town there's more copper wire theft.
As for Paris, touristy métro lines like the 1 (yellow line Champs-Élysées/Louvre/Bastille) and 6 (green line Eiffel Tower) are among their favourites.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 24, 2015, 04:05:27 PM
Quote from: capturedfairy on February 24, 2015, 01:48:22 PM
Hotel Joyce - Astotel
3.0 of 5
29 rue la Bruyere, 75009 Paris, France   how does this one sound? I just want to feel safe. dont care if we need to ride the metro.

Neighborhood is fine, you're even not far away to a German Lutheran church if you really, really need it.
Not sure if Lustindarkness will appreciate being within walking distance of the big department stores such as Printemps or Galeries Lafayette though ;)

Foul!
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 24, 2015, 03:00:51 PM
I wonder if beating the crap out of a pickpocket would get me in trouble? :hmm:

No one wants to answer my serious questions?  :glare:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

capturedfairy

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Quote from: capturedfairy on February 24, 2015, 07:37:10 PM
Nobody is volunteering to be our guide?????? :huh:

I'd love to, but you'd only end up with a very eccentric view of London.  :D

Plus I'll likely be busy doing something a bit similar for money elsewhere in England.  :(

Tricky (RH) is your man, if he can be persuaded to leave his Northern redoubt and march on the Capital.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 24, 2015, 02:29:28 PM
Watch out for gypsy pickpocket kids in Rome, especially around the Vatican.  They work in teams, so if you see one kid coming from your front with a sign about being hungry blah blah, watch out for his crew coming from your sides.
I don't remember encountering this filth in Rome.  But there were fucking EVERYWHERE in Florence, and some in Pisa as well.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on February 24, 2015, 09:01:20 PM
The leaning tower was a Gypsy Convention.
When I was there I remember mostly black dudes hanging around it trying to sell fake Rolexes to tourists.