First Week of June Languish London Meet MEGATHREAD

Started by lustindarkness, April 01, 2015, 10:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Sport shoes as in running shoes? Because as a tourist, that is all I plan on wearing for two weeks. If CF tries to force me to wear anything else, I will wear tan combat boots with white socks up to my knees, short running shorts and a hawaiian shirt. Oh, and a staw hat.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Richard Hakluyt

Another possibility is to work out where we want to eat, book a table there, gather at the hotel, make our way over to the restaurant and meet up with any latecomers there. After the meal we could go to a few hostelries  :hmm:

I know it is against tradition not to get smashed before we go to eat, but, y'know, I'm getting older  :Embarrass:

Admiral Yi

Tamas

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 14, 2015, 09:23:49 AM
Another possibility is to work out where we want to eat, book a table there, gather at the hotel, make our way over to the restaurant and meet up with any latecomers there. After the meal we could go to a few hostelries  :hmm:

I know it is against tradition not to get smashed before we go to eat, but, y'know, I'm getting older  :Embarrass:

I agree. :)

Brazen

:rolleyes: Lightweights.

Remind me where the hotel is, I'll find a restaurant near there and a pub near that and we can reverse engineer everything else from there.

Richard Hakluyt

Hotel is the strand palace, on the Strand.

I wonder if CF and Lusti might fancy a curry down the East End?

Martinus

It's on the Strand, SE of the Covent Garden, about half way between Leicester Square and Temple stations. :contract:

Btw, it may be some sort of a booking pressure stunt but when I was booking the room about an hour ago, it said there are only 6 rooms left for that date so if any of you plan to book a room at the hotel still you may want to hurry.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Brazen

Porterhouse, Ship and Shovell, Lamb and Flag and Marquess of Angelsey are all nearby. Oh wait, I forgot, food...

It's near Soho, so Chinese would be a good choice - you can usually book a room for a group at Royal China.

Tayyabs is always brilliant for cheap and delicious curry, but a bit of a trek from anything else and in a grim-looking bit of London if you've only got a couple of  days there.

Brazen

Quote from: garbon on May 14, 2015, 09:59:55 AM
Right? Is alcohol not food?
Yeah, 'cos we totally didn't order a giant burger and chips after we demolished a bottle of wine each in The Porterhouse  :lol:

garbon

Quote from: Brazen on May 14, 2015, 10:03:13 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 14, 2015, 09:59:55 AM
Right? Is alcohol not food?
Yeah, 'cos we totally didn't order a giant burger and chips after we demolshed a bottle of wine each in The Porterhouse  :lol:

Well it is a food that encourages you to eat more food - like when the other night I had my uber drop me off early so I could go to the kebab shop for chips and cheese. :blush: -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Ok, B, here's a atypical request.  :ph34r:

Do you know any famous occult book store in central London? No need to research it - I am happy to google it but if there is one famous that immediately springs to me, I'm all ears. :P

lustindarkness

I care more for food than drink. Yes I know, what a disappointing sailor. :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Brazen

Quote from: Martinus on May 14, 2015, 10:10:52 AM

Do you know any famous occult book store in central London? No need to research it - I am happy to google it but if there is one famous that immediately springs to me, I'm all ears. :P
Treadwell's rings a bell, but I've asked a friend who's an authority on the matter. Who are you planning to curse?

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on May 14, 2015, 10:20:17 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 14, 2015, 10:10:52 AM

Treadwell's rings a bell, but I've asked a friend who's an authority on the matter. Who are you planning to curse?

Only half of Languish. :P