First Week of June Languish London Meet MEGATHREAD

Started by lustindarkness, April 01, 2015, 10:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

QuoteSince it cost 30 pounds, I elected to forgo buying one for myself  :bowler:

:scots:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 06, 2015, 09:20:00 PM
QuoteSince it cost 30 pounds, I elected to forgo buying one for myself  :bowler:

:scots:

Just to let you know, my phone in HK has no contract on it.  I survive on prepaid cards that cost US$12, and each card last several months.  I can enjoy access to the internet for one hour by spending US$1 on the card.   :cool:

lustindarkness

I had normal service at all times, including data and text, phone calls were 0.20 per minute.

I've been home a few hours, busy checking pics and ready for bed.

Again, the meet up was great.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Monoriu

Quote from: lustindarkness on June 06, 2015, 09:36:08 PM
I had normal service at all times, including data and text, phone calls were 0.20 per minute.

I've been home a few hours, busy checking pics and ready for bed.

Again, the meet up was great.

Well, if we want to, the wife's phone can also have normal service in the UK.  But using our phone outside HK is very expensive, much more expensive than 30 pounds. 

lustindarkness

Eochaid, Thank you. The Its Only Rock & Roll and the London Beatles Store across the street were awesome, we got him a Queen shirt and a Beatles one.

When asked what he wanted us to bring back from London, his response was Freddie Mercury, so he got a post card. :D
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Brazen

Quote from: Monoriu on June 06, 2015, 07:59:52 PM
It all started when I wanted to go see the Imperial War Museum early on in the trip.  Wife had no interest, so she went to the Victoria and Albert Museum when I went to see the tanks and planes.  She thought very highly of the museum, and thought it was a great tragedy that I wasn't there. 

After we came back from Scandinavia, she wanted me to check out the museum by myself.  When I came back to the hotel, I saw Brazen's invitation and the name of the pub.  It struck me that the time was 30 minutes away and the place was like a 15 minute walk at most from my hotel.  So I took a photograph of the map with my phone and set off for the place.  I explained to the staff that "a lady booked a table for like 6-8 people, but we met on the internet so I had no idea what her real name was." 

I prepared about a thousand lines to prove that I am, well, me.  I am glad that it only took one word  :bowler:
I'm going to get
"Brazen?"
"Mono!"
T-shirts made up for all present to celebrate :-p

lustindarkness

Quote from: Brazen on June 07, 2015, 10:26:17 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on June 06, 2015, 07:59:52 PM
It all started when I wanted to go see the Imperial War Museum early on in the trip.  Wife had no interest, so she went to the Victoria and Albert Museum when I went to see the tanks and planes.  She thought very highly of the museum, and thought it was a great tragedy that I wasn't there. 

After we came back from Scandinavia, she wanted me to check out the museum by myself.  When I came back to the hotel, I saw Brazen's invitation and the name of the pub.  It struck me that the time was 30 minutes away and the place was like a 15 minute walk at most from my hotel.  So I took a photograph of the map with my phone and set off for the place.  I explained to the staff that "a lady booked a table for like 6-8 people, but we met on the internet so I had no idea what her real name was." 

I prepared about a thousand lines to prove that I am, well, me.  I am glad that it only took one word  :bowler:
I'm going to get
"Brazen?"
"Mono!"
T-shirts made up for all present to celebrate :-p

Will it have a British flag on it? I'll take one in a size large please. :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Monoriu

Quote from: lustindarkness on June 07, 2015, 11:12:42 AM

Will it have a British flag on it? I'll take one in a size large please. :)

The first question that you ask should be cost, not size :contract:

Richard Hakluyt

Meeting Mono was certainly a nice bonus for a generally excellent trip  :cool: