First Week of June Languish London Meet MEGATHREAD

Started by lustindarkness, April 01, 2015, 10:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gups

Nandos is very popular in the UK. Hits a sweet spot in the middle market where it's attractive to families and to teens/twentysomethings.

Personally like their chicken but their chips are pretty meh.

Admiral Yi

The Urban Dictionary definition of Cheeky Nandos:

A term used by fuckboys over social media in order to facilitate their need for attention by adding the epithet 'Cheeky' to the restaurant chain Nandos, usually followed by 'with the lads' - aka a group of tools equal to or greater than the original tool posting the update.
Expect some sort of deeply depressing Metrosexual attire and a variety of group selfies and close up shots of the food that's been ordered. Essentially using this term means the final nail in the coffin of your masculinity has been hammered.
'Off out with the lads for a Cheeky Nandos'

'Anyone that says their Nandos is cheeky deserves a peasant's death'

lustindarkness

I have the three pics CF took with her phone in photo bucket to post here, but too much of a hassle with phone right now.  :P
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

lustindarkness

I could take a truly cheeky pic and post it on the backroom,  I have pretty cheeks. We are talking about butt cheeks right?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Tonitrus

Quote from: lustindarkness on June 06, 2015, 02:19:35 AM
I have the three pics CF took with her phone in photo bucket to post here, but too much of a hassle with phone right now.  :P

It would be good form to get his permission first.  :sleep:

Tamas

lustindarkness

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 06, 2015, 05:15:37 AM

Get who's permission? :unsure:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Tonitrus

Quote from: lustindarkness on June 06, 2015, 03:58:50 PM

I thought we were talking about Mono.  :huh:

Monoriu

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 06, 2015, 05:28:14 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on June 06, 2015, 03:58:50 PM

I thought we were talking about Mono.  :huh:

I am very surprised that there is demand for my pics  :ph34r:  Sometimes I think it is best if they disappear forever  :sleep:

Monoriu

It all started when I wanted to go see the Imperial War Museum early on in the trip.  Wife had no interest, so she went to the Victoria and Albert Museum when I went to see the tanks and planes.  She thought very highly of the museum, and thought it was a great tragedy that I wasn't there. 

After we came back from Scandinavia, she wanted me to check out the museum by myself.  When I came back to the hotel, I saw Brazen's invitation and the name of the pub.  It struck me that the time was 30 minutes away and the place was like a 15 minute walk at most from my hotel.  So I took a photograph of the map with my phone and set off for the place.  I explained to the staff that "a lady booked a table for like 6-8 people, but we met on the internet so I had no idea what her real name was." 

I prepared about a thousand lines to prove that I am, well, me.  I am glad that it only took one word  :bowler:

Tonitrus

Quote from: Monoriu on June 06, 2015, 07:59:52 PM
So I took a photograph of the map with my phone and set off for the place.

In the West we have phones with built in maps that will even guide you to a desired location (even on foot!).

No scribes allowed.  :)

Monoriu

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 06, 2015, 09:00:34 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on June 06, 2015, 07:59:52 PM
So I took a photograph of the map with my phone and set off for the place.

In the West we have phones with built in maps that will even guide you to a desired location (even on foot!).

No scribes allowed.  :)

The first thing we did when we landed in London was to buy a SIM card so that the wife's phone has access to the internet.  Since it cost 30 pounds, I elected to forgo buying one for myself  :bowler:

Since I reached my intended destination anyway, I considered that I successfully saved 30 pounds  :)