[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Ok, I am using my special ability to draw 1 Blue Card.

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on June 26, 2009, 12:50:33 PM
The interesting part is that if he does denounce me, then people will know that at least one of us is a Cylon. Which is more information that the humans had before, and hence useful - so there is a chance that if Grumbler is a cylon, he won't say I am one even if I am not.
True, but the benefits of having a player brigged outweigh the disadvantages of having people merely suspect that I am a Cylon (which they do anyway).  If you are brigged, the Admiral's title passes to another player (and if you are not a Cylon, there is still a small chance you would be passing it to the second Cylon player, which would be good for me as a Cylon).  Humans would be less able to pass skill checks of one of them is brigged.

The only way this could work against me as a Cylon is if someone else gets to view your loyalty card, and in that case they could as easily look at mine.

So, there is some info passed on by brigging the Admiral, but not enough, IMO, to outweigh the advantages to me were I a Cylon.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Okay, I'm here. What do we want to do, loves? I'm leaning to the skill card drop although that could bite us in the ass if we get so more gnarly crisis cards. Thoughts?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

garbon: yay!

BB: the card is a presidental decision on food shortage: either -2 food, or -1 food and garbond discard 2 cards and Marty discards 3

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on June 26, 2009, 01:25:45 PM
Okay, I'm here. What do we want to do, loves? I'm leaning to the skill card drop although that could bite us in the ass if we get so more gnarly crisis cards. Thoughts?
We are on 4 on the jump track, and the 5 lost cards would be the lowest-denomination/most useless actions, so I also am inclined to drop the cards.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

Agreed - marty has 8 cards, ditching the 3 lowest ones sucks, but isn't THAT bad.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

On the other hand, the difference is only 1 food,so the tradeoff here is 5 cards for 1 food. Hmmm....

This isn't a military matter, so I will refrain from lecturing the President on what she should do.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on June 26, 2009, 01:36:50 PM
On the other hand, the difference is only 1 food,so the tradeoff here is 5 cards for 1 food. Hmmm....

This isn't a military matter, so I will refrain from lecturing the President on what she should do.

That was my thought.  We have 8 food, this reduces us to 7 or 6.

But I gather it's hard to gain any extra food, so I suppose we should try and preserve it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on June 26, 2009, 01:36:50 PM

5 cards for a resource isn't such an atypical trade, as far as I can see, and this time we get to drop the worst ones rather than the best.

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Consider that most of you draw around 5 cards per turn so the real threat here is if the next crisis cuts into roslin's and baltar's speciality

Martinus

I'm willing to make the sacrifice for the good of the fleet. -_-

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on June 26, 2009, 01:43:59 PM

I'm willing to make the sacrifice for the good of the fleet. -_-
Only a true human would do something so self-sacrificing!

Or a Cylon.

Bayraktar!

Barrister

They aren't my cards, but after thinking about it we should drop the cards.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Okay, we're going to go rationing. I'll PM you my card drop Tamas. Do the same if you will, Marty.  Your graciousness in our time of need will not be forgotten.

I'd also like to thank the Admiral for his advice. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Alright, food rationing is enacted in the fleet.

The 3 raiders in Zone 1 move to Zone 2, and jump computing progresses.

Jacob will receive his carddraw shortly