[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on June 26, 2009, 11:18:09 AM
I'm gonna see what the President and the Admiral do. Then I may help or not, depending if they think it is worthwhile.
You play cards in play order.  We can say what we want before the skill check starts, but players announce actual play in order.  You can wait until the Pres and Admiral weigh in on this, of course.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Okay, I will enact BB's order only if the players before him try to go for the success.

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on June 26, 2009, 11:19:53 AM
I was going to play a card that would help a little bit.

If no one else thinks its worthwhile I won't.
It would be nice to know for sure about one player (depending on how much you trust me, given that i have been the most gung-ho anti-toaster crew member in word and deed), but we should really try at a minimum for a 6, and if people want to go for broke we can use the Investigating Committee to make sure this one goes as planned.

I am thinking the Admiral is the player we should be sure of.  No one else can burn us like he can.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martinus

Quote from: grumbler on June 26, 2009, 11:27:14 AM
Quote from: Barrister on June 26, 2009, 11:19:53 AM
I was going to play a card that would help a little bit.

If no one else thinks its worthwhile I won't.
It would be nice to know for sure about one player (depending on how much you trust me, given that i have been the most gung-ho anti-toaster crew member in word and deed), but we should really try at a minimum for a 6, and if people want to go for broke we can use the Investigating Committee to make sure this one goes as planned.

I am thinking the Admiral is the player we should be sure of.  No one else can burn us like he can.

I am actually planning to use my Cylon Detector on him, to be sure...  :cool:

grumbler

OOC: Well, so much for the idea of everyone getting online at 1600Z so we could whip through a turn or so!  :lol:

Anyone else have any ideas on how we can prevent this glacier from moving even more slowly?  Marti and Tamas, how late (Zulu time) can you commit to?  Maybe if we pick a time when Berkut and BB are not at work, this can move faster.  Sorry, garbon, but you might have to do it from work regardless.  You are same time zone as BB, correct?

Edit:  fixed mistake on BB's time.

Bayraktar!

Martinus

Quote from: grumbler on June 26, 2009, 11:57:00 AM
OOC: Well, so much for the idea of everyone getting online at 1600Z so we could whip through a turn or so!  :lol:

Anyone else have any ideas on how we can prevent this glacier from moving even more slowly?  Marti and Tamas, how late (Zulu time) can you commit to?  Maybe if we pick a time when Berkut and BB are not at work, this can move faster.  Sorry, garbon, but you might have to do it from work regardless.  You are two hours behind BB, correct?

What's Zulu? :P

It's weekend now, so I guess I can commit until around 1 a.m. Polish time, which is 7 p.m. NY time, if I am counting this right. Alternatively, it may be easier if we play your night/late evening - I guess I could check on it as early as 7 a.m., which is 1 a.m. NY time, and 10 p.m. garbose time.

Tamas

Zulu is GMT, Mart.

Usually I can stay up until midnight or thereabouts even on weekdays (thats 11PM GMT), because I have nothing to do at work right now so can manage without a proper sleep :P

Weekends should be even easier most of the time, except for tomorrow when I won't be around from 1PM GMT until the next day.

Berkut

To be honest, the best time for me is in fact work hours - once I am out of work, I am not really around till pretty late, after the kids go to sleep, and often not even then.

1600 Zulu is 1pm EST, right? I am mostly (90% of the time) around at that time, barring the occasional lunch out of the office, which I only do once a week now.

So anyway...yeah.

OK, back IC:

I think it would be great to get a peak at someones card - if grumbler looks at mine, then that is almost as good as me looking at his, since then I will know if he is a Cylon by his response. Maybe.

However, I don't think I get cards of that color, so I probably won't be any help at all.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

OK, I take that back, I can help. I have the right color, and can give a little help.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Ok now if only garbon would magically appear we would be right on track.

garbon

I'm sending in a card. I'm going to be out of pocket today so this will be likely my last comment.  Think that I've taking my cancer ridden ass to lie in my chambers.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

JacobL

There is no good help I can give to this situation right now.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on June 26, 2009, 12:14:56 PM
I'm sending in a card. I'm going to be out of pocket today so this will be likely my last comment.  Think that I've taking my cancer ridden ass to lie in my chambers.

Okay I will take that as a declaration that you shall not play any cards until your turn no matter what (sigh). If you have any instructions, PM me.

Tamas

Alright folks, Berkut, garbon, and BB gave one card each, jacob won't, grumbler, marty?

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on June 26, 2009, 12:16:45 PM
Okay I will take that as a declaration that you shall not play any cards until your turn no matter what (sigh). If you have any instructions, PM me.

I'm sorry, but I need to pull off another 15 hour day. I don't really have time today. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.