[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

OOC: Tamas, we should also be at 5 on the jump track right now, since we started at 1 and have had 4 crises that advance the markerand passed the one that would have moved it back.  The fifth space after "start" is "autojump" (it is the sixth space but there is no "space zero" just start and 5 places to move).  Probably best to refer to jump track status as spaces to jump, in which case we are -1.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Quote from: grumbler on June 26, 2009, 05:13:43 PM
OOC: Tamas, we should also be at 5 on the jump track right now, since we started at 1 and have had 4 crises that advance the markerand passed the one that would have moved it back.  The fifth space after "start" is "autojump" (it is the sixth space but there is no "space zero" just start and 5 places to move).  Probably best to refer to jump track status as spaces to jump, in which case we are -1.

You will get to -1 after this crisis is resolved. So you are not there yet, but you are correct otherwise

Tamas

SKILL CHECK:

FOR:
green: 2pcs of decalre emergency, values 3 and 4, executive order value 2
yellow: investigative comitee value 4
purple: 2 pieces of launch scout values 1 and 2

AGAINST
red: evasive maneuver value 1
blue: scientific breakthrough value 4

TOTAL: 16-5=9

RESULT: -1 FOOD

Cylon phase has no effect, jump prep status go to the "-1" square, you are one step from jumping.

Berkut is drawing his cards

garbon

:angry:

I wonder what concessions we granted to the people.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Wow, talk about one mother of bad luck (I'm discounting the possibility of a Cylon risking to reveal herself so early by attempting a sabotage before we even made the first jump, but I guess we have to take into account the possibility of Cylons being stupid, as well)

Barrister

:angry:

Well I'm down to 2 cards, I won't be much use for the next two plays... :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on June 26, 2009, 05:46:32 PM
Wow, talk about one mother of bad luck (I'm discounting the possibility of a Cylon risking to reveal herself so early by attempting a sabotage before we even made the first jump, but I guess we have to take into account the possibility of Cylons being stupid, as well)
Since only Baltar and I have even had an opportunity to get engineering cards, it would be foolish to play them as yet, and it was the engineering card that killed us (though the fact that so many tactics cards that are good are crucial in fighting as well may work against this as well).

We probably need to recalibrate over time as to what our expectations for passing a skill crisis are.  We have made only the easiest one (by a wide margin) and failed the others.  Calibration will come with time, I think.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Yeah, I agree that we indeed need to re-think our thoughts about passing skill crises.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Well, just to speculate here, but if Lt. Thrace was a Cylon, she could have sabotaged the crisis with her engineering, exactly because she was knowing very well that if push came to shove and it was clear there was a sabotage, it would be much easier for everyone to assume it was me and not her, seeing how I'm apparently the prime suspect around here.  :rolleyes:

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on June 26, 2009, 06:07:59 PM
We probably need to recalibrate over time as to what our expectations for passing a skill crisis are.  We have made only the easiest one (by a wide margin) and failed the others.  Calibration will come with time, I think.

That could be it, but it seems like the "calibration" of such crisis is one of the key mechanics to the game.  I think it's supposed to be difficult.

Barrister

OOC: perhaps I'm wrong, but in terms of game mechanics there's no reason to suspect Baltar (or Tigh) any more, or any less, than any other character, right?  Just because those characters were sympathisers or cylons in the show doesn't make it any more or less likely they are in the game?

Martinus

Well, it's a bit of a pity that Admiral refused to help, but then again I know next-to-nothing about military affairs.

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on June 26, 2009, 06:12:46 PM
Quote from: grumbler on June 26, 2009, 06:07:59 PM

That could be it, but it seems like the "calibration" of such crisis is one of the key mechanics to the game.  I think it's supposed to be difficult.

Yep, especially since even talks of the nature of "I can give a total value of about X, what about you guys?" are verboten.

Is Berkut home already or something?

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on June 26, 2009, 06:14:02 PM
OOC: perhaps I'm wrong, but in terms of game mechanics there's no reason to suspect Baltar (or Tigh) any more, or any less, than any other character, right?  Just because those characters were sympathisers or cylons in the show doesn't make it any more or less likely they are in the game?

OOC: Baltar's "weakness" is that he starts with two loyalty cards, not one. It's enough that one of them is a Cylon and he is a Cylon. So yes, he has a higher chance to start as a Cylon than anyone else (albeit the increase is marginal imo).

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on June 26, 2009, 06:14:59 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 26, 2009, 06:14:02 PM

OOC: Baltar's "weakness" is that he starts with two loyalty cards, not one. It's enough that one of them is a Cylon and he is a Cylon. So yes, he has a higher chance to start as a Cylon than anyone else (albeit the increase is marginal imo).

Ah.  I see.