News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How far right are you?

Started by Josquius, March 14, 2015, 03:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

On a scale of 1 to 10, how far right would you place yourself?

4 (7.1%)
4 (7.1%)
9 (16.1%)
8 (14.3%)
8 (14.3%)
7 (12.5%)
9 (16.1%)
3 (5.4%)
1 (1.8%)
3 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Eddie Teach

Course, it'd be possible to disagree on 3/4 of the items and both get that score. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

Wow, we are all mostly right about the same spot.

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Agelastus

At first I thought "pretty much the same as last time" and that this is a result of my holding such a ragbag of opinions across the scale.

Then I realised I was closer in my position to the SNP than any other British political party. :(

https://www.politicalcompass.org/uk2015
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Ideologue

This test is kind of dumb.  Apparently you can answer "eugenics for all," "executions are rad," "surveil everything," and "collectivize the land" and still be "libertarian."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

I'm Hitler according to the quiz I didn't take.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Ideologue on March 17, 2015, 05:40:15 PM

This test is kind of dumb.  Apparently you can answer "eugenics for all," "executions are rad," "surveil everything," and "collectivize the land" and still be "libertarian."

Well libertarians are pretty hated.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on March 17, 2015, 05:40:15 PM

You're not though, you basically are scoring as a "centrist" on that axis.

celedhring

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on March 17, 2015, 05:56:45 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on March 17, 2015, 05:38:15 PM
https://www.politicalcompass.org/uk2015

So Labour are a right-wing authoritarian party according to that test?   :huh:

They blame that to Blair's New Labour in the text. Then again it's kinda ridiculous, to them every single British party except for two are authoritarian, and all the big ones are right wing.

Checking their scores for the candidates for the US presidency in the last elections and of the different governments of EU countries in 2012 they seem to have a "everybody is a right wing authoritarian" schtick".

Admiral Yi

They are a left version of Siege.  :lol:

Eddie Teach

Yet most of the forum is in the opposite quadrant.  :hmm:

mongers

I'm as far right as Harold Wilson was and as far left as Ted Heath.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on March 17, 2015, 03:24:49 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 17, 2015, 03:20:30 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 17, 2015, 03:17:26 PM
Huh. Any right wingers want to comment on this?

The only way it makes the remotest bit of sense to me is if you spin opposition to equality of outcome as preservation of hierarchy.

...which would be, of course, idiotic.

Any "definition" that those who actually claim to hold to reject is a crappy definition, in general. And specifically as it regards to any attempt to actually have a discussion, it is definitely worse than useless.

It's what is found in Political science text books.  In American rightwing thought this manifests as the freedom to rise higher then your fellows by working hard or being smart (or just being born rich).  The hierarchy is one social one with only indirect power.  The power is typically money.  A rich man can't command a poor person to do something but is wealth brings him benefits and social status.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017