News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How far right are you?

Started by Josquius, March 14, 2015, 03:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

On a scale of 1 to 10, how far right would you place yourself?

4 (7.1%)
4 (7.1%)
9 (16.1%)
8 (14.3%)
8 (14.3%)
7 (12.5%)
9 (16.1%)
3 (5.4%)
1 (1.8%)
3 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Gaijin de Moscu

For me it's a 6. Have been drifting towards right with age. Although I like being in the centre.

The Brain

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on March 19, 2015, 12:12:02 AM

I don't think sexual morality can be entirely separated from the libertarian-authoritarian axis, though I see your point; the Compass would classify both the religious right and the critical-studies left--who want to legislate very different versions of sexual morality--as simply authoritarian, masking an important distinction.

How is the distinction important?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: The Brain on March 19, 2015, 01:50:14 AM

I don't think sexual morality can be entirely separated from the libertarian-authoritarian axis, though I see your point; the Compass would classify both the religious right and the critical-studies left--who want to legislate very different versions of sexual morality--as simply authoritarian, masking an important distinction.

The Taliban and Tumblr feminists would create markedly different societies.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Siege

What's the meaning of "No one can feel naturally homosexual"?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

This is bullshit.
I am not authoritarian.
Those questions were biased.

Grey Fox

That's because you love the military.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

frunk

Quote from: Valmy on March 18, 2015, 06:11:54 PM
Quote from: Siege on March 18, 2015, 04:18:52 PM
I don't believe in cohersion and I own a few weapons.

You don't believe in coercion yet you call for draconian law enforcement? Are you aware of what coercion means?

More importantly, does it matter that he doesn't believe in coercing others when he is concerned about someone else trying to coerce him with weapons?  Why else he would he need weapons to avoid such coercion?

If someone with weapons is not a threat why do we need weapons to fight off someone with weapons?

Admiral Yi

Yeah, I don't see how responding to illegitimate coercion is coercion.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 19, 2015, 12:59:09 PM
Yeah, I don't see how responding to illegitimate coercion is coercion.

Because coercion is not bad or good.  It is simply altering other people's behavior through violence or force of violence.  The legitimacy of coercion does not matter.  It's still coercion.  It's like the word violence.  If I shoot someone in self defense it's still an act of violence.  Simply because I was justified in it doesn't make non-violent.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Quote from: Siege on March 19, 2015, 12:45:33 PM
What's the meaning of "No one can feel naturally homosexual"?

^_^

The Brain

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on March 19, 2015, 01:57:59 AM
Quote from: The Brain on March 19, 2015, 01:50:14 AM

The Taliban and Tumblr feminists would create markedly different societies.

Would they now?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Siege on March 19, 2015, 12:50:52 PM
This is bullshit.
I am not authoritarian.

That says that you've convinced yourself that freedom mostly means low taxes.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Siege

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 19, 2015, 01:23:37 PM
Quote from: Siege on March 19, 2015, 12:50:52 PM
This is bullshit.
I am not authoritarian.

That says that you've convinced yourself that freedom mostly means low taxes.  :P

Strawman alert. I never said that. You are putting things in my mouth that I did not say.

Low taxes are necesary to free the capital to create new wealth and employment for those of us who do not know how to create wealth by ourselves.
As I said before, what is important in the economy is not how big the gap is between rich and poor, but rather how high over absolute zero the poor are. I wish the US had another million millionairs. Do you imagine the amount of capital adding to the real economy?

We want an economy in which employers compete for the employees, not the other way around, and to achieve that you need to free capital to be invested. Low taxes not only keep rich's people capital here in the US, but also attract the rich people from other countries.

There was a time when rich people moved to the US to invest. Now they all run away like rats from a sinking ship. Do we really want people to take their money to other countries?

Siege

The liberal mind never ceases to amaze me. They rise taxes and then ask themselves why people are running away to avoid taxes.
Well genious, who do you think is in a better position to avoid taxes? The rich or the middle class? The rich packs and invest somewhere else, the middle class have no choice but to stay because they depend of a job or an small business.

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on March 19, 2015, 01:57:45 PM
We want an economy in which employers compete for the employees

Those days are over, at least for the time being. Technology will replace too many workers.

QuoteThere was a time when rich people moved to the US to invest. Now they all run away like rats from a sinking ship. Do we really want people to take their money to other countries?

What has changed since that time? And what low tax paradise are they all running to?

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."