News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How far right are you?

Started by Josquius, March 14, 2015, 03:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

On a scale of 1 to 10, how far right would you place yourself?

4 (7.1%)
4 (7.1%)
9 (16.1%)
8 (14.3%)
8 (14.3%)
7 (12.5%)
9 (16.1%)
3 (5.4%)
1 (1.8%)
3 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 17, 2015, 10:55:45 AM
Quote from: derspiess on March 17, 2015, 10:53:26 AM
Bleh.  Irish is one of the least sexy accents out there.

:o

Disagree.

Sounds too rough and unsophisticated.  Same goes for women with Scottish accents, I guess.  Now a good English accent (well most of them anyway)--- Daddy like.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Quote from: Valmy on March 17, 2015, 10:13:18 AM
You know what happens when those with power and wealth ignore the common yokels right?

That's right. We get mowed down by their invincible army of combat robots.
:lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Valmy on March 17, 2015, 10:33:54 AM
In all seriousness the problem is technological change and its influence on the structure of economies. I don't know what the answer is but things will be pretty messy until we figure it out.

Hint: it's communism.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

LaCroix

i tend to interpret the law conservatively and often agree with conservative SCOTUS justices, but i consider myself liberal. :hmm:

Josquius

Quote from: derspiess on March 17, 2015, 11:10:35 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 17, 2015, 10:55:45 AM
Quote from: derspiess on March 17, 2015, 10:53:26 AM
Bleh.  Irish is one of the least sexy accents out there.

:o

Disagree.

Sounds too rough and unsophisticated.  Same goes for women with Scottish accents, I guess.  Now a good English accent (well most of them anyway)--- Daddy like.

Depends what type of Irish and what type of Scottish IMO.
Glasgow- no. Edinburgh- yes. :wub:
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

I don't live close enough to bother differentiating.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 17, 2015, 10:29:33 AM
Berkut, I take exception with your notion of "taking wealth."

When I make an IRA contribution, I'm not "taking wealth."  When that contribution earns a return I'm not "taking wealth."

I don't really care what you call it, that is semantics. Call it whatever you like, the process by which the ultra-rich are consolidating more and more of the wealth and political power into their hands is a problem no matter what you call it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

It's no more semantics than the terms "my money" and "your money" are semantics.

Razgovory

French chicks have the sexiest accents. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on March 17, 2015, 02:43:36 PM

They rejected me enough times it now gives me a kind of PTSD :blush:

Oh Sophie what we could have been.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on March 17, 2015, 02:43:36 PM
But French guys have the most punchable accents.

Italians however. Both are great :cheers:
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

The whole Stalin/Hitler fallacy comes from a failure to understand that there are three large political ideologies, not two - liberalism, collectivism and conservatism. Both Stalin and Hilter were collectivist (although Hitler also used elements of conservatism). Both were equidistant from liberalism.

Razgovory

I don't think Hitler was collectivist.  He wasn't abolishing private property.  Hitler didn't seem have much opinion on economics one way or another.  The topic bored him.  All he cared about was destroying his enemies.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Fascism and Nazism were bizarre ideologies that strapped together so many different things, neither was particularly coherent.

But Hitler was collectivist.  He, or at least his supporters believed, in a nation being of one will that everybody is aligned with. Abolishing private property might seem like a logical next step with that kind of idea but, as I said, do not expect too much coherence from Nazi ideas.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on March 17, 2015, 02:52:40 PM
The whole Stalin/Hitler fallacy comes from a failure to understand that there are three large political ideologies, not two - liberalism, collectivism and conservatism. Both Stalin and Hilter were collectivist (although Hitler also used elements of conservatism). Both were equidistant from liberalism.

What do you mean by conservatism?  Like class privilege, monarchy, church, etc?