News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Blood Bowl coming out on the 26th June 2009

Started by Syt, June 17, 2009, 02:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on July 27, 2009, 02:11:19 PM
Are people still planning on playing a league?  I never see updates anymore and my local store got it in today...

I am still hoping things will gear up when the two northern leauge members will stop gazing at the rare sight of green grass and sit down in front of their computers.

katmai

Quote from: Tamas on July 27, 2009, 02:44:00 PM
Are people still planning on playing a league?  I never see updates anymore and my local store got it in today...

I am still hoping things will gear up when the two northern leauge members will stop gazing at the rare sight of green grass and sit down in front of their computers.

It was shitty and rainy all this last week, but my dad was in town so busy with him, he leaves tomorrow, so will have about two weeks to play some then i'll be away from pc till 2nd week of sep.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: Tamas on July 27, 2009, 02:44:00 PM

It won't be long.  :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

This just in:
http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/index.php?rub=news-info&id=114
QuoteThe Dark Elves: soon available, for Free!

While the PC game already offers 8 races from Blood Bowl world (from a selection of more than twenty races), players will be pleased to know that the Dark Elves will be available as a free download this November. The full game will also be available as a digital download, and in most stores in a special version of the game called the "Blood Bowl Dark Elves Edition". This edition will feature the entire Blood Bowl game with the addition of the famous Dark Elves.

The Dark Elves enter the Blood Bowl arena with their own Star Player, cheerleaders, new model designs and unique characterful animations.
These evil cousins of the Wood Elves hold their heads high and have only one goal: prove their supremacy to all! To celebrate their arrival, enjoy these first exclusive Dark Elves' images!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Drakken

Syt

It's fun. I still pull it out now and then for a game or two against the AI. I don't have patience for MPing these days. I think over at EUOT they're rather active. Talk to Jarkko.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Lucidor

I saw it for 30 euros from Stardock, and I know a friend of a friend that I've been playing some shooters with loves it, and my friend considers it. What's the learning curve? It won't feel like work like I felt some managing sims do?

Tamas

Quote from: Lucidor on December 20, 2009, 05:02:59 AM
I saw it for 30 euros from Stardock, and I know a friend of a friend that I've been playing some shooters with loves it, and my friend considers it. What's the learning curve? It won't feel like work like I felt some managing sims do?

Nope. Play in classic turn based mode, and you will get the basics quickly. The rules are easy the key to get a basic level of understanding of the strategy is learning what failed actions cause turnover (ending your turn prematurely), then you can learn to prioritize moves. There is a lot more to strategy especially against humans of course, but I can't help you with that, I only played a handful of MP games several months ago.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

sbr

The game uses the Blood Bowl Living Rule Book 5 -- PDF WARNING!!.

http://www.bloodbowlonline.com/LivingRulebook5.pdf

The rules are written for the board game, but the differences in the PC game are minimal.  The PC game doesn't have all of the races mentioned in the rule book either.

Tamas

okay so I had a look at this after a long time, the launcher patched it up and... some minor interface improvements, and I think the AI is slightly better as well. There are Dark Elves, and stuff. I have had some fun matches with my Skaven in SP.

Sooo, any chance of doing that Languish Leauge for real this time? we could do a cup for starters so there is no such time commitment.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

The AI, improved or not, still can't prepare you for MP. Had my first MP game in a long while, there is now a matchmaking option where it finds you a suitable opponent to play, and it is ranked.

I am still experimenting but I think Skaven suits my playstyle best. I enjoy the do-or-die nature of their offense. Played against a dark elf team, went up 2-0 thought I had the game, but in a nailbiting finish they equalized in the very last moment.  The guy first wanted to play some technical game then figured he was better off cleaning the field from skavens.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on April 11, 2010, 04:04:46 AM
Plural of skaven is skaven.

So how come a GW fanboi like you is not playing this game? It is rather cool.