News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Grand unified books thread

Started by Syt, March 16, 2009, 01:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on June 01, 2017, 07:48:35 PM
Elegant weapons... for a more civilized age.

Yes, I can make out a Javelin, Harrier, Canberra, Sea Vixen, Venom, Sea Fury(?), Dart(?) , Sea Hawk, Hunter, Victor, Vampire, Sea/Hornet, Lightning and Valiant.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

At least the sad state of British military aircraft will take your mind off the sad state of the Royal Navy.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2017, 08:00:48 PM
At least the sad state of British military aircraft will take your mind off the sad state of the Royal Navy.

I'm expecting the Dutch to invade Kent any day now.  :bowler:

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on June 01, 2017, 08:03:32 PM

Now. They're hippies now. Too much pot smoking.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on June 01, 2017, 08:07:05 PM
Quote from: mongers on June 01, 2017, 08:03:32 PM

Now. They're hippies now. Too much pot smoking.

:D

Heh, but doesn't take away from the navies beeing closest in size since when, the 1660s? :unsure:

CountDeMoney

Speaking of the Dutch, Mongers, did you ever read Picture This by Joseph Heller?

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 31, 2017, 07:32:59 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 30, 2017, 11:50:00 PM
If you need Ed he's gotta make a call, he'll be back at battalion.

I'm shipping a yacht to Paris.

Somebody's been watching Kelly's Heroes again.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2017, 08:46:30 PM
Speaking of the Dutch, Mongers, did you ever read Picture This by Joseph Heller?

Oh, that's a good one, though probably have to wait for the retirement reading list.

Agelastus

Quote from: mongers on June 01, 2017, 07:45:00 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2017, 07:30:48 PM
:lol:

Think of better times, mongers.  :console:

:(

Yeah, I think the number of post 1970 exclusively British military aircraft is probably less than those illustrated on the cover.

edit:

Bae Hawk ?  Nimrod ? um must be others?? :unsure:

The Nimrod's from the Sixties; the Hawk didn't fly until the Seventies but design studies started in the Sixties.

I don't think you'll find a purely British military aircraft that started development post 1970.  :hmm:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

jimmy olsen

Read "Almost Human" by Lee Berger a couple of weeks. It's absolutely awesome. If you're at all interested in human evolution and/or exploring underground caves, pick it up.

https://shop.nationalgeographic.com/product/books/books/science/almost-human
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

:yeah:

edit: even though I don't quite measure up at 180 cm  :(

garbon

Who knew everyone was so hideous?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.