Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

One clop for yes, two clops for no.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Maladict on May 30, 2017, 03:52:02 PM
Should I re-read Dune or keep my 20+ year old memories of it?

I thought my most recent re-reading was a tiny bit of a letdown.

dps

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 30, 2017, 08:55:29 PM
Quote from: Maladict on May 30, 2017, 03:52:02 PM
Should I re-read Dune or keep my 20+ year old memories of it?

I thought my most recent re-reading was a tiny bit of a letdown.

I wasn't that impressed the first time I read it.  I think I waited too long and had read too many imitators by that point.  Though that didn't seem to hurt my enjoyment of Lord of the Rings.

11B4V

Two new follow on titles from Valeriy Zamulin's:   Demolishing the Myth: The Tank Battle at Prokhorovka, Kursk, July 1943: An Operational Narrative   

The Forgotten Battle of the Kursk Salient: Army Detachment Kempf's Auxiliary Offensive

The Battle of Kursk: Controversial and Neglected Aspects
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

If you need Ed he's gotta make a call, he'll be back at battalion.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 30, 2017, 11:50:00 PM
If you need Ed he's gotta make a call, he'll be back at battalion.

I'm shipping a yacht to Paris.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 31, 2017, 07:32:59 PM
I'm shipping a yacht to Paris.

I thought it was a Jeep to Iowa.

11B4V

Ed Anger

mongers

Here's a book that's unlikely to need an expanded modern edition:

<_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

:lol:

Think of better times, mongers.  :console:

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2017, 07:30:48 PM
:lol:

Think of better times, mongers.  :console:

:(

Yeah, I think the number of post 1970 exclusively British military aircraft is probably less than those illustrated on the cover.

edit:

Bae Hawk ?  Nimrod ? um must be others?? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Elegant weapons... for a more civilized age.