I usually do not know last names of people I have sex with
5 (13.2%)
I hardly ever know last names of people I have sex with
2 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Martinus

Quote from: Jacob on December 10, 2014, 12:34:19 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 09, 2014, 08:30:34 PM
I was never awesome enough to be able to anonymously bang.  All my sexual encounters were the result of a great deal of effort on my part.  This usually involved finding out a great deal about the woman involved including, sadly, her last name.

Nothing anonymous about it whatsoever, it's just that family names aren't particularly relevant to pierce the veil of anonymity.

And at least on the gay end it has nothing to do with awesomeness. It's just that you usually hook up on the internet and the first time you meet up and you like each other you have sex. If it was good, you exchange phone numbers.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on December 10, 2014, 01:08:49 PM
I was never awesome enough to be able to anonymously bang.  All my sexual encounters were the result of a great deal of effort on my part.  This usually involved finding out a great deal about the woman involved including, sadly, her last name.

Nothing anonymous about it whatsoever, it's just that family names aren't particularly relevant to pierce the veil of anonymity.

And at least on the gay end it has nothing to do with awesomeness. It's just that you usually hook up on the internet and the first time you meet up and you like each other you have sex. If it was good, you exchange phone numbers.

Ahem. I'd refrain from stating that as the main process.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Fun fact - I was friends with a guy once. He invited me and other common friends to a party where his new boyfriend was to be present. It was awkward when it turned out he gave him a fake *first* name when they first met and was too embarrassed to later correct that. :P

Sheilbh

Quote from: Jacob on December 09, 2014, 02:17:12 PM
Most of the people I've hooked up with over the years were friends of friends, class mates, with the occasional night club hook up etc. Where does last name even come into the conversation?
Yep. Unless you exchange business cards and engage in a night of American Psycho passion, which may be CdM's preferred option.

QuoteWell hey, we are ignoring the people where I say "I'll see you around" in lieu of exchanging phone numbers. :D
That's my approach.
'I'll see you around.'
'I live in Reading.'
'.....Yeah.'

QuoteI now have to buy some board game (considering "Lords of Waterdeep") and invite them all to my flat. Will need to take down the confetti and glitter*.
What do you mean by 'take down' confetti and glitter? :mellow:

QuoteIn darkest Ukraine, apparently, guys in drag are considered screamingly funny - I was dragged to a wedding featuring lots of scary Ukrainians*, the highlight of which was a guy in drag performing.
And of course it's been the centrepiece of English humour forever.
Let's bomb Russia!

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on December 10, 2014, 01:15:23 PM
Fun fact - I was friends with a guy once. He invited me and other common friends to a party where his new boyfriend was to be present. It was awkward when it turned out he gave him a fake *first* name when they first met and was too embarrassed to later correct that. :P

:lol:

That's some Shakespearian level farce, that is.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jacob

Quote from: Ideologue on December 10, 2014, 12:43:40 PM
I guess if you aren't fooled by the propaganda against mild inbreeding.

I generally know the last name of anybody I'm considering procreating with.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on December 10, 2014, 01:10:22 PM

What's your objection? :P

Martinus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 09, 2014, 10:25:47 PM
Quote from: Martinus on December 09, 2014, 04:26:26 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 09, 2014, 04:24:11 PM
What is a drag queen recital? :unsure:

Well, I have a piano. My friend - a drag queen - sang "Life is a Cabaret", "Mein Herr" and "Je Ne Regrette Rien". I accompanied with music.  :sleep:

:unsure:  I never thought I'd want to hang out with Marty's Warsavian haute-bourgeois crowd, but this sounds like at least a borderline good party.  What food/drinks did you serve?

Bouillabaisse. Grass fed beef steaks. Blinas with sour cream and red caviar. And mainly wine (plus, shots of ice-cold potato vodka to go with the steaks).

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on December 10, 2014, 03:01:12 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 10, 2014, 01:10:22 PM

What's your objection? :P

I rarely go online to meet people directly for the purpose of sex. That's too early 20s, early 2000s craigslist for my sensibilities. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

garbon

I think that goes under what I said. You've just taken an online site and made it location/phone based.

Martinus

Ok. Well, I haven't hooked up online with a stranger for sex since 2009 or so, to be honest.

I have my boyfriend... and a collection of phone numbers.  :ph34r:

CountDeMoney

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)