I usually do not know last names of people I have sex with
5 (13.2%)
I hardly ever know last names of people I have sex with
2 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Jacob

Quote from: Brazen on December 12, 2014, 10:51:14 AM
Quote from: Jacob on December 12, 2014, 10:46:57 AM
Ide and CdM are teetotallers. Extrapolating national or class characteristics from that fact is pretty silly.
I wasn't, I was extrapolating from having gone to American restaurants in America with Americans who, shockingly, weren't Ide or CdM. I have also been to Chicago, which seemed very London-like in terms of pedestrian and public transport accessibility. Though I did get carded when I ordered a bottle of wine :rolleyes:

Weird. The Americans I've hung out with have been drinking as much as everyone else when they weren't driving.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on December 12, 2014, 10:50:46 AM
I didn't realize we were talking about after work drinks in the city. :huh:

I mean you seem to be big on calling people assburgery and I think your post is a good example of that. How am I supposed to predict the scenario that you would be in?

I didn't realize your 'burbs scenario was apparently limited to getting shitfaced with $4 pitchers at TGIFriday's after the company softball game on Sunday.

I was still on the "drinking with food" theme, and the only restaurants where you're going to eat that is worth spending the money on non-swill wine is downtown, where you meet your clients, partners and what have you;  you're the one that extrapolated the concept of designated drivers to encompass clubbing. :P 

But I hear Applebee's has a fantastic house label.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 12, 2014, 11:28:16 AM
Quote from: garbon on December 12, 2014, 10:50:46 AM
I didn't realize we were talking about after work drinks in the city. :huh:

I mean you seem to be big on calling people assburgery and I think your post is a good example of that. How am I supposed to predict the scenario that you would be in?

I didn't realize your 'burbs scenario was apparently limited to getting shitfaced with $4 pitchers at TGIFriday's after the company softball game on Sunday.

I was still on the "drinking with food" theme, and the only restaurants where you're going to eat that is worth spending the money on non-swill wine is downtown, where you meet your clients, partners and what have you;  you're the one that extrapolated the concept of designated drivers to encompass clubbing. :P 

But I hear Applebee's has a fantastic house label.

Well in the scenario that you are just now outline (;)), I think that you would have a drink or two and then be sober enough to drive home once done entertaining your client.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on December 12, 2014, 11:29:52 AM
Well in the scenario that you are just now outline (;)), I think that you would have a drink or two and then be sober enough to drive home once done entertaining your client.

.04, pal.  Your drink or two is enough for the handcuffs here. 

Besides, it's not a true client dinner unless the wine tab eclipses the meal tab, the degree of magnitude dependent on the contract dollars involved.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 12, 2014, 11:35:49 AM
Quote from: garbon on December 12, 2014, 11:29:52 AM

.04, pal.  Your drink or two is enough for the handcuffs here.

Well I can't speak   

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 12, 2014, 11:35:49 AM
Besides, it's not a true client dinner unless the wine tab eclipses the meal tab, the degree of magnitude dependent on the contract dollars involved.

Client can get smashed, sure.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

The dangers of writing a post while on the phone!

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on December 12, 2014, 01:25:35 PM
The dangers of writing a post while on the phone!

I was just making a silly.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

I realized though that the first sentences wasn't even my complete thought. I meant to say that I couldn't speak for uncivilized places. -_-

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)