Dispatches from the State Ministry of Truth

Started by Jacob, September 22, 2014, 10:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Honestly, his rhetoric isn't that far outside what some of the "law and order" type Westerners on the forum say about protesters.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: mongers on September 29, 2014, 08:21:46 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 29, 2014, 06:50:06 AM
On the other hand if he is caught commenting pro-protest stuff with his IP, he can kiss his career good bye

Yes, I think this fear in motivating Mono to post as he has in this thread. He must be one of only a few thousands civil servants in that government building/complex, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that as part of a crackdown/monitoring that they'll be threatened, explicitly or implicitly.

Granted his comments build upon his persona here, but the sudden ratcheting up of the 'judgementalism' calling these peaceful demonstrators, "rioters" "fucks" "savages" seems to much out of character, for it not to be influenced by fears/worries real or imagined or even actual external direction. 

I think we should let things be and give Mono a pass on this, maybe just so long as he doesn't keep resurrecting the thread every few hours.

As was already noted, he doesn't have to post on this topic at all - and certainly not as extensively as he has.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on September 29, 2014, 07:24:10 AM
Quote from: The Larch on September 29, 2014, 07:13:39 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 29, 2014, 06:46:15 AM
Quote from: The Larch on September 29, 2014, 06:14:47 AM
I must say that after reading the whole thread and Mono's pettiness and apparent glee at having a bunch of kids with extremely bleak life prospects who are actually willing to stand up for what they believe manhandled by riot police, while spewing against them as he has never ever done before in this forums, coupled with his incredibly and mind bogingly myopic perspective of life has turned him into an extremely unsavoury character for me. I don't care if it's a schtick or not, it's fucking disgusting.

Can't say I disagree. With the likes of Hortlund and dorsey gone, I think he might be the person with the most despicable proffessed views on the board right now.

Dorsey is not gone.  :ph34r:

Is he DGuller as we always thought?

Jury is out as socks can talk to one another.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Martinus

QuoteAmazingly, one Chinese TV station claimed that the thousands of people gathered in Hong Kong were there to celebrate National Day.

:lmfao:

Martinus

Perhaps Mono has been sent off to a re-education camp and now a Chinese secret service functionary posts in his stead?

derspiess

Can't say I disagree. With the likes of Hortlund and dorsey gone, I think he might be the person with the most despicable proffessed views on the board right now.

HEY WHAT ABOUT ME
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on September 29, 2014, 10:28:58 AM

HEY WHAT ABOUT ME

Sorry you're just in the 'regular asshole' category along with me, Viking and 37.5% of posters here.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Mono, I think I'm a lot more sympathetic to your position than the frenzied mob, but I find the language you use to describe the protesters offsetting as well.  It makes you sound spiteful.

Off putting, that's the ticket.  A little sleep deprived.

garbon

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on September 29, 2014, 11:01:57 AM
This is a frenzy? :huh:

When Marty is calling someone non-Muslim evil and there is general agreement, I reckon it's fair to characterize it as a frenzy.

Valmy

I take it my dreams of Mono becoming a modern Liu Bang are not going to come to pass.

The Red Dynasty is losing the Mandate of Heaven Mono.  Get on the winning team!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 29, 2014, 10:28:58 AM

HEY WHAT ABOUT ME

Nah, going to have to go with Ide one the Despicable scale.  Your despicable views only get a B+.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on September 29, 2014, 11:09:32 AM
I take it my dreams of Mono becoming a modern Liu Bang are not going to come to pass.

The Red Dynasty is losing the Mandate of Heaven Mono.  Get on the winning team!
Mono was definitely born in the wrong century.  His Legalist ass would be right at home with the Qin.

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 29, 2014, 12:06:37 PM
Mono was definitely born in the wrong century.  His Legalist ass would be right at home with the Qin.

Mono just wants things to stay quiet so he can pursue his life, and anything that messes with triggers animosity. It's not about legalism or not, it's about fear of change and I've-got-mine.