And we're back!

Main Menu

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, October 21, 2014, 03:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on October 21, 2014, 03:16:37 PM
Discuss.
Actually, Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jacob

Quote from: grumbler on October 21, 2014, 05:02:06 PM
The Buffalo was an under-rated plane, simply used in the wrong missions.  They served very well for Finland, because the Finns used them correctly.  They were not, however, referred to as the Buffalo buffalo, even if they were made in Buffalo.  That would have been silly.  Even by Finn standards.  And the Finns had low standards for fins.  Lower than Rob Lowe standards for Finns.

This post brought to you by the beta version of the Siege post generator.

Feedback on beta version post:

- Needs at least one reference to moonlanding hoax/ liberal traitors/ anti-Arab or anti-Islam sentiment/ underage Hollywood actress being too old and fat.

- Capitalization and punctuation seems too consistent.

- Would expect to see references to alcohol consumption in at least 25% of posts (so, need a bigger sample size to evaluate).

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on October 21, 2014, 06:09:43 PM
Quote from: grumbler on October 21, 2014, 05:02:06 PM
The Buffalo was an under-rated plane, simply used in the wrong missions.  They served very well for Finland, because the Finns used them correctly.  They were not, however, referred to as the Buffalo buffalo, even if they were made in Buffalo.  That would have been silly.  Even by Finn standards.  And the Finns had low standards for fins.  Lower than Rob Lowe standards for Finns.

This post brought to you by the beta version of the Siege post generator.

Feedback on beta version post:

- Needs at least one reference to moonlanding hoax/ liberal traitors/ anti-Arab or anti-Islam sentiment/ underage Hollywood actress being too old and fat.

- Capitalization and punctuation seems too consistent.

- Would expect to see references to alcohol consumption in at least 25% of posts (so, need a bigger sample size to evaluate).

:lol:

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 21, 2014, 03:20:53 PM
Ted Turner bought a buffalo ranch, found out it's not profitable to raise buffalo, so he lobbied someone to get buffalo put on school lunch menus.
I'm a big fan of his herd.

Eddie Teach

Good steaks. Not sure if they're worth 30 bucks, but they're good.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on October 21, 2014, 04:05:15 PM
I'm quite a fan of the city of Buffalo.  A lot of fun times have been had there.

Awesome party town that serves alcohol late, but very weird bar times.  Wednesday night looked like MTV Spring Break Daytona Beach.  Thursday?  Crickets.  Go fig.

garbon

Who can be "quite a fan" of Buffalo? It hardly deserves to be called a city. :blurgh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Brazen

What's the difference between a buffalo and a bison?

You can't wash your hands in a buffalo.

grumbler

Quote from: Brazen on October 22, 2014, 04:38:18 AM
What's the difference between a buffalo and a bison?

You can't wash your hands in a buffalo.
:hmm:  when I heard that joke, the punchline was "you can't unload a truckload of bison with a pitchfork."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on October 21, 2014, 08:02:15 PM
Who can be "quite a fan" of Buffalo? It hardly deserves to be called a city. :blurgh:
The last time I was there, a giant blizzard hit town right after I got in.  Got the hell out as fast as I could. :showoff:

Gups

I'm currently reading Butcher's Crossing by John Williams. There's an awful lot of buffalo killing in it.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on October 22, 2014, 06:51:37 AM
The last time I was there, a giant blizzard hit town right after I got in.  Got the hell out as fast as I could. :showoff:

I'm hoping I don't get trapped when I drive past it in a few weeks. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on October 22, 2014, 06:51:37 AM
And that was in July.  The weather is worse in winter.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!