Dispatches from the State Ministry of Truth

Started by Jacob, September 22, 2014, 10:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on September 29, 2014, 06:50:06 AM
On the other hand if he is caught commenting pro-protest stuff with his IP, he can kiss his career good bye

He could just shut up?

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on September 29, 2014, 06:52:59 AM
On the other hand if he is caught commenting pro-protest stuff with his IP, he can kiss his career good bye

He could just shut up?

True

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on September 29, 2014, 06:52:53 AM
Plus this is something I am already noticing on some of the Hungarians i know: having accepted the regime as inevitable and un-toppable, they start to grow annoyed at attacks against it (despite never liking it and still not liking it), and perceive them as steering up unnecessary trouble

Doesn't make it less despicable, only more pathetic.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on September 29, 2014, 06:52:59 AM
He could just shut up?

It's something that interests him and we seem to be the only people he talks to. (That's perfectly healthy, right?  :Embarrass:)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on September 29, 2014, 06:14:47 AM
I must say that after reading the whole thread and Mono's pettiness and apparent glee at having a bunch of kids with extremely bleak life prospects who are actually willing to stand up for what they believe manhandled by riot police, while spewing against them as he has never ever done before in this forums, coupled with his incredibly and mind bogingly myopic perspective of life has turned him into an extremely unsavoury character for me. I don't care if it's a schtick or not, it's fucking disgusting.

An insight into Chinese "gente de orden" (I have never known how to say that in English).

Warspite

All revolutions are impossible until they are inevitable.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

The Larch

Quote from: Martinus on September 29, 2014, 06:46:15 AM
I must say that after reading the whole thread and Mono's pettiness and apparent glee at having a bunch of kids with extremely bleak life prospects who are actually willing to stand up for what they believe manhandled by riot police, while spewing against them as he has never ever done before in this forums, coupled with his incredibly and mind bogingly myopic perspective of life has turned him into an extremely unsavoury character for me. I don't care if it's a schtick or not, it's fucking disgusting.

Can't say I disagree. With the likes of Hortlund and dorsey gone, I think he might be the person with the most despicable proffessed views on the board right now.

Dorsey is not gone.  :ph34r:

jimmy olsen

Oh yeah, was Martinus gone for that revelation?

I've got to agree. Mono has graduated from a sad and pathetic character to actively despicable here.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

As I said, these are my own views  :bowler:

The Larch

There's no need for him to be pro-protest, he can discuss it without stoopiing down to gloat about it. But apparently he can't keep himself from insulting kids with tons more spine than him.

Martinus

Quote from: The Larch on September 29, 2014, 07:13:39 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 29, 2014, 06:46:15 AM

Can't say I disagree. With the likes of Hortlund and dorsey gone, I think he might be the person with the most despicable proffessed views on the board right now.

Dorsey is not gone.  :ph34r:

Is he DGuller as we always thought?

Martinus

Quote from: The Larch on September 29, 2014, 07:22:48 AM

There's no need for him to be pro-protest, he can discuss it without stoopiing down to gloat about it. But apparently he can't keep himself from insulting kids with tons more spine than him.

Yeah. Unless the situation is so bad down there that he can't make a neutral comment without condemning the protests in every other sentence, or he will get scooped by the Chicom gestapo.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on September 29, 2014, 07:24:10 AM
Is he DGuller as we always thought?

Yes.

Quote from: DGuller when he reads this
:mad:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?