8 (12.1%)
No (I'd vote yes)
4 (6.1%)
No (I'd also vote no)
38 (57.6%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Josquius

Interesting article.
Its funny but just this morning as I walked to work I was musing about the similarities between the yes people and a religion. They just blindly believe in this ideal world that will result if yes wins with no evidence to go on. Everything that contradicts their view can only be utterly wrong.
Reading this article...I may even go further than my earlier thoughts on yessirs being a religion, its more akin to a cult really, all sounds rather scientologyesque.

http://wakeupscotland.wordpress.com/2014/09/15/ewan-morrison-yes-why-i-joined-yes-and-why-i-changed-to-no/comment-page-1/#comment-230
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Le cœur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît pas.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

DGuller

I bet the Brits regret plowing all their diplomatic points into naval improvements, and not saving some for cultural conversions.

Martim Silva

Quote from: Barrister on September 16, 2014, 04:51:41 PM
According to the latest Scottish poll of Poles the race is a dead heat. :)

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/scottish-independence-poll-of-poles-a-dead-heat-1-3542705

Our press also talked to some Portuguese expats there (Luiz Moutinho, of the Adam Smith Business School of the University of Glasgow; Luís Gomes, professor of Hispanic Studies also at the University of Glasgow, and freelancer Cultural Manager Isabel Moura Mendes  [Current Festival & Events Manager at Afropolitan Arts in Edinburgh]).

The two (white male) professors will vote 'yes'. The (black woman) manager will vote 'no'.

:hmm:

That said, all resent London late meddling in the affair, and think it only made things worse, creating a divide in Scottish society that will take a long time to heal.

Zoupa

I'm predicting a No victory 55/45.

The 2nd one in 8-10 years will go through. Vive l'Ecosse Libre!  :frog:

Grallon

I predict the results will be very similar to ours in '95 - 48-52 or 49-51 for the NO.  And then then the Scots will learn the price they have to pay for being overly cautious.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

OttoVonBismarck

I've not observed any intelligence on a national level in the UK in about 25 years, and Scotland is worse than the whole, so I predict Yes wins and when the next great economic crisis roils Scotland into near oblivion London bails Scotland out with no strings attached, fully erasing all glory and honor England once held as it becomes the international bitch to a country 1/10th its population.

Valmy

Quote from: Martim Silva on September 16, 2014, 06:31:51 PM
That said, all resent London late meddling in the affair, and think it only made things worse, creating a divide in Scottish society that will take a long time to heal.

London's actions in this last couple days created a divided Scotland that will take a long time to heal?  What the hell did they do?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Gups

Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2014, 09:07:55 PM

London's actions in this last couple days created a divided Scotland that will take a long time to heal?  What the hell did they do?

London (Clegg, Sheffield; Milliband, Doncaster, Cameron, Cotswolds) had the temerity to campaign for the Union. IN fact, the divide in Scottish society is created by vociferous and unplesant campaigning by the Scots. They needed no help from outsiders.

Warspite

Once up on a time, nationalist movements demanded sacrifice. It is interesting that Salmondonian nationalism promises a unique blend of the comfort of the status quo and the sunlit uplands of independence.

Having overpromised, the SNP and the Yes crowd are going to be in for a rude shock when they find that they have precisely the leverage their share of the UK's population suggests: less than 1:9. How Salmond thinks he is going to dictate terms to the rUK, NATO and the EU, as he does, is going to spectacularly unravel.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Grey Fox

Quote from: Warspite on September 17, 2014, 08:14:37 AM
Once up on a time, nationalist movements demanded sacrifice. It is interesting that Salmondonian nationalism promises a unique blend of the comfort of the status quo and the sunlit uplands of independence.

Having overpromised, the SNP and the Yes crowd are going to be in for a rude shock when they find that they have precisely the leverage their share of the UK's population suggests: less than 1:9. How Salmond thinks he is going to dictate terms to the rUK, NATO and the EU, as he does, is going to spectacularly unravel.

Because he has something that they want/need.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2014, 09:07:55 PM

Limited nuclear strike.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Legbiter

Note to the No Campaign, technocratic arguments about the merits of the UK sound irritating, even to sympathizers.   :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.