Question about law--specifically British law

Started by Josephus, February 04, 2015, 07:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on February 04, 2015, 09:24:48 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 04, 2015, 12:33:52 PMbut I said "no, let me handle this my way" and filed a private prosecution.

:D

I'm glad someone appreciated my sense of style.   :cool:

And to think - at the time I had zero interest in being a prosecutor...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on February 04, 2015, 11:06:56 PM
Well done BB :cheers:

At the time, a couple of our 18-19 year old members had done something stupid against the other fraternity - Phi Delta Theta.  I don't remember the exact details, but it was kind of stupid and nothing I would bother to defend (though their actions were quite a bit less serious than what was done to me).

But, I was a 24 year old 3rd year law student who lived at the fraternity house because I'd lived at home for my previous 23 years - it was just a fun experience for 8 months.  I had nothing to do with any pranks of any kind - not my style.

So it deeply offended me that these 8 guys would attack me, not for anything I had ever done to them (which was nothing), but merely because I was a member of the 'opposing' fraternity, and happened to be at the house on a Thanksgiving weekend.  I didn't want to ruin these guys lives, but I did want to teach them that they were adults, and their actions are being judged on an adult basis.

The best part of it though, was in the midst of it a third fraternity was running their annual "beer and skits" inter-greek night.  It was in the period while the charges were outstanding.  For God-knows what reason, the Phi-Delts start doing a skit about jumping me!  :rolleyes:  They get the rope ready, and one of my brothers says "what do you mean - [Barrister] is right here!" and shoves me on stage.  The Phi-Delts (who would've been well in their rights to do just about anything, I was the one interfering) just said 'aw, hell with it' and quit their skit in the middle.  :lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.