No (I'd vote yes)
4 (6.1%)
No (I'd also vote no)
38 (57.6%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Votes for the SNP does not mean the end of the UK.  As pointed Canada has been in this situation for almost 40 years.  At times the large majority of Quebec's MPs were soveregnist.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 04, 2015, 12:14:06 PM
But our "union" is fragile.

You are just a country inside of a country.  Which is Scotland's official position in the UK anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Valmy on February 04, 2015, 12:06:18 PM
Yet Quebec is now a permanent part of Canada.

No--because Quebec could get another referendum. Just because the BQ imploded doesn't imply permanence, it just means that at present Quebec doesn't have a strong independence tilt. There is no mechanism by which Texas or California could ever leave the United States, it is a legal impossibility which stops it from ever being a political discussion.

Grey Fox

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on February 04, 2015, 01:29:22 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 04, 2015, 12:06:18 PM
Yet Quebec is now a permanent part of Canada.

No--because Quebec could get another referendum. Just because the BQ imploded doesn't imply permanence, it just means that at present Quebec doesn't have a strong independence tilt. There is no mechanism by which Texas or California could ever leave the United States, it is a legal impossibility which stops it from ever being a political discussion.

Neither does Canada.

Our referendum questions were basically "Should we open negotiation with the Federal government about leaving the federation?"
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Crazy_Ivan80

nothing is forever and things are impossible until, suddenly, they aren't

Valmy

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on February 04, 2015, 04:19:29 PM

What sort of things?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on February 04, 2015, 04:27:21 PM

What sort of things?

Me becoming Queen of the Night.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on February 04, 2015, 04:27:21 PM

What sort of things?
Overthrow of apartheid. Pulling down the Berlin Wall. Killing a king. Flemish liberation from Walloon oppression.

I agree, in general, one is not like the others.
Let's bomb Russia!

Grallon

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 04, 2015, 12:14:06 PM
But our "union" is fragile.

There is *no* union.  There's an anglo majority enforcing its 'diktats' on a french minority.  And it keeps on working because a portion of said minority keeps on collaborating with the enemy, for its personal benefit, while another group of useful idiots, like Viper, keeps on hoping things will magically turn around.  The first group is that part of us that needs to be rounded up, gazed and burned; starting with that vile jihadi Couillard.  The second group will come to its senses afterward.  Canada is a uniligual country masquerading behind a thin bilingual veneer.  We need to establish a french state in North America or else we will disappear as a people; it's as simple as that.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Eddie Teach

Maybe you should have some children and ensure they grow up speaking and thinking in French.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 04, 2015, 07:58:48 PM
Overthrow of apartheid. Pulling down the Berlin Wall. Killing a king. Flemish liberation from Walloon oppression.

I agree, in general, one is not like the others.

I have a dream that someday nationalist douchebags who treat their neighbors as if they were hated foreigners will one day actually be hated foreigners.  Keep hope alive.  The day is fast approaching when the bonds that keep them from fully celebrating their hatred for humanity will be broken.  Let freedom ring!

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 04, 2015, 10:12:55 PM
Maybe you should have some children and ensure they grow up speaking and thinking in French.

You expect to him to actually dirty his hands in pursuit of his stated desires?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2015, 10:39:25 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 04, 2015, 10:12:55 PM

You expect to him to actually dirty his hands in pursuit of his stated desires?

Well, maybe not his hands:D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius