25 (30.5%)
Ja:ron
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 81

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on August 10, 2014, 11:54:56 PM
Quote from: HVC on August 10, 2014, 11:25:55 PM
Well that escalated quickly

I just can't get a break with loopy narcissist gays.

You just lucky that way. :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

You know the funny thing?  The thing that we were arguing about that made him mad, he was ultimately right.  There were protests over some park in Turkey, and a lot of people wanted to see Erdogan brought down.  I didn't, he hadn't become a despot yet, and I didn't think replacing him with a dictatorship (which would have been the likely result in Turkey), was a good thing.  Here we are a year later and Erdogan has doubled down and gone all Putin.  So they are verging on dictatorship now if not already there now anyway.  I saw Erdogan as a right winger in the vein of Geroge W. Bush rather then Putin.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on August 11, 2014, 05:56:05 AM
You know the funny thing?  The thing that we were arguing about that made him mad, he was ultimately right.  There were protests over some park in Turkey, and a lot of people wanted to see Erdogan brought down.  I didn't, he hadn't become a despot yet, and I didn't think replacing him with a dictatorship (which would have been the likely result in Turkey), was a good thing.  Here we are a year later and Erdogan has doubled down and gone all Putin.  So they are verging on dictatorship now if not already there now anyway.  I saw Erdogan as a right winger in the vein of Geroge W. Bush rather then Putin.

Heh. Everyone who knows the least bit of east euro/Asian politics saw that coming from a mile. You and a bunch of other idealists didn't. :P

OttoVonBismarck

My primary reasoning behind bringing Marti back is this forum is only a shell of its once vibrant self, I don't see a good reason to keep someone who wants to post away. Especially since they have been punished with a lengthy ban.

Valmy

I want to hear what Marty has to say about the Ukrainian business personally.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on August 11, 2014, 10:13:23 AM
I want to hear what Marty has to say about the Ukrainian business personally.

Putin has anti-gay laws. And Martinus is Polish. And living in Poland. I have a pretty good idea about his views on the issue. :)

CountDeMoney

He'll just want to decorate with expensive albeit minimalist furnishings.

MadBurgerMaker

Yeah sure.  Would he even want to come back though?

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 11, 2014, 10:28:31 AM
Yeah sure.  Would he even want to come back though?

Because we are so very charming.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

He's got to be able to yell at somebody.  Why do you think I still post here?

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 11, 2014, 12:28:09 PM
He's got to be able to yell at somebody.  Why do you think I still post here?

To cheer on the Orioles with me?

CountDeMoney

Valmy

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!