51 (62.2%)
No fucking way.
25 (30.5%)
Ja:ron
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on August 08, 2014, 08:28:44 PM
Don't really care.  I'll go with the majority, either way, but retain my right to say "I told you so!" if the decision proves unwise either way.  :cool:

Spoken like a true libertarian. :cry:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on August 08, 2014, 09:41:58 PM
Quote from: Caliga on August 08, 2014, 09:09:30 PM
The guy who he slighted doesn't even want him banned anymore (if he ever did in the first place).  To keep him banned therefore makes little sense anymore.
I don't think Raz ever wanted Martinus punished.  The reason Martinus was punished was because the level of depravity he displayed by sending that IM to Raz truly disgusted us.

I did not.  I posted his PM to me because I found it amusing and I wanted to embarrass him for being a dick.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Monoriu

We should take this opportunity to impose some conditions.  Say, he needs to start 3 gay threads on the first day of his return :contract:

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Monoriu on August 08, 2014, 09:53:09 PM
We should take this opportunity to impose some conditions.  Say, he needs to start 3 gay threads on the first day of his return :contract:

Honestly, that would kinda be gilding the lily.  No sense imposing "conditions" that are going to happen anyway.
Experience bij!

Admiral Yi

I voted no, but as I've said before in Super Secret Places, I think the fact that the offended party votes for his reinstatement should carry some extra weight.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 09, 2014, 01:34:39 AM
I voted no, but as I've said before in Super Secret Places, I think the fact that the offended party votes for his reinstatement should carry some extra weight.

You know, I really should have access to the backroom.  It's not like I would learn your all your secrets.  I already have Yi's home address.

garbon

I don't really see how those last two sentences are support for the first.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

1. Is he asking to be let back in?
2. Why are TBR histrionics the cause of OTR bans?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

katmai

Quote from: Viking on August 09, 2014, 02:20:58 AM
1. Is he asking to be let back in?
2. Why are TBR histrionics the cause of OTR bans?
1. Yes he is
2. He hasn't been in TBR for some time now, and it has nothing to do with his OTR ban.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

Quote from: Neil on August 08, 2014, 07:59:58 PM
I'd be willing to turn the dials to bring him back if people think that's a good idea.  In fact, it's probably a good idea.  If we were really going to eject him from Languish, we would have banned him entirely, not put him into a weird in-between area.  Either ban him or reinstate him, that should be the choice.

Besides, I'm rarely around anymore anyways, so his terrible nonsense wouldn't bother me if he came back.

Neil can you check your inbox as I was encouraging someone new to join, but they need to register a username first.   :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

LaCroix

of course. wasn't the ban over a single private message? iirc, it contained a threat, but posters have threatened people on the open board before without repercussion.