News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Best case scenario might be Wagner gets destroyed but at very heavy cost, then Putin can use the stab in the back story to withdraw from Ukraine without losing his job.

Legbiter

Yeah his only chance is speeding to Moscow, regime forces surrender/switch sides without a fight, priggy enters the Kremlin and addresses the nation as the new Warboss. Most likely this plan fails and he and Wagner get crushed in the next couple of days.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

viper37

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 24, 2023, 05:48:03 AMEdit: And on the point of this as a mutiny - can't help but feel Prigozhin's accusations ring true, because they are true. Soldiers in a meat grinder, thousands dying for minimal advances, failures of logistics and support while the leadership have been embezzling etc.
This part is true.
It's the part about Russia having bombed Wagner that is unverified.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on June 24, 2023, 04:33:42 AMAllegedly the first skirmish between Wagner and the National Guard took place on the main road between Rostov to Moscow with the Guard routing and leaving behind their equipment, but then again this may be entirely made up.
It sounds like many of the skirmishes against the Ukrainians...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Sheilbh

From Ukrainian sources so handle with care, but apparently videos showing highways being dug up south of Moscow to block (or delay) route in. Also reports that the Kadyrovites have now reached Rostov and, apparently, are being disarmed.
Let's bomb Russia!

Legbiter

Legbiter

At least the Russians managed 1 impressive offensive in this war.  :wacko:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Legbiter on June 24, 2023, 09:46:54 AMAt least the Russians managed 1 impressive offensive in this war.  :wacko:

Better planning than the Capitol attack of January 6th perhaps, but it's still far too early to say it' successful. :P

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Legbiter on June 24, 2023, 09:46:54 AMAt least the Russians managed 1 impressive offensive in this war.  :wacko:

ouch, nice burn.

Sheilbh

This may not mean anything but it feels interesting how few senior state figures (since the two generals last night) appear to have popped up on TV or social media supporting Putin :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 24, 2023, 10:19:38 AMThis may not mean anything but it feels interesting how few senior state figures (since the two generals last night) appear to have popped up on TV or social media supporting Putin :hmm:

They all have two recordings. Just waiting on the outcome of the battle for Moscow.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tamas

I find it incredible that Wagner has not been crushed yet. I see only two possible explanations: one is that a lot of generals actually want Wagner to win, which I find unlikely. Or indeed the war in Ukraine has consumed everything Russia has, and they simply do not have reserves to move against Wagner, and disengaging whatever offensive-worthy forces they might still have in Ukraine must be difficult even if they'd be willing to do so.

Legbiter

Quote from: Tamas on June 24, 2023, 10:26:05 AMOr indeed the war in Ukraine has consumed everything Russia has, and they simply do not have reserves to move against Wagner, and disengaging whatever offensive-worthy forces they might still have in Ukraine must be difficult even if they'd be willing to do so.

If they want to pull forces out of Ukraine of take part in vatnik domestic politics then godspeed to them...

Hamilcar

Iran and Kazakhstan no longer take Putin's calls. He has no allies left. (Luka doesn't count)

HVC

For a guy that has a hard on for his legacy getting overthrown by a hotdog vendor has to be a kick to the nuts for Putin. It's glorious.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.