Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamilcar

hAll I know is that I wish both sides the best of luck. Have at it!

My Ukrainian friends are very happy about these developments.

Josquius

Funny footage from rostov. Soldiers manoeuvring about like they're in the middle of a battle whilst street sweepers calmly work around them and civilians look on from coffee shop terraces.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Damn I need to go to bed, but am obsessed with whats happening in Russia.

Even though there's no reason to think Prigozhin (and those behind him?) are any friendlier to Ukraine than Putin.

Slava Ukraini!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Putin to make a national address to Russia soon, apparently.

Crazy_Ivan80

Rumours, but it seems the jet of uncle potato has left minsk

edit: never write a post on mobile with the language stuck in dutch... it doesn't end well

Hamilcar

Reports of many Russian army and security services units either switching outright or standing down. This has been cooked and Putin didn't notice. This is likely already over, we just watch it play out.

Hamilcar

Luka can always ditch Belarus and hope for some sort of sanctuary somewhere. Putin has nowhere to go.

Admiral Yi

Why in the world would regular army officers and troops think it's a good idea to back the caterer?

Why in the world would the caterer's own guys back him? 

Josquius

Sounds like a wonderful Saturday is unfolding.

Re :those taking over being unlikely to be Ukraine friendly. I suppose there we do have the worry that without putins 2 decades of experience and prior grooming they're less sensible about the nuclear button.
██████
██████
██████

PJL

Yeah, I'm not sure Prigozhin would be better than Putin, in fact probably worse.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: PJL on June 24, 2023, 03:21:48 AMYeah, I'm not sure Prigozhin would be better than Putin, in fact probably worse.

maybe it's an opportunity for the UAF to get some mass surrenders out of the Russians? Surrender and get out of the war, as well as out of the civil war!

Tamas

Prigozhin won't be better than Putin. He also won't win. The point here isn't to root for Prigozhin but to enjoy the collapse of Putin's system.

celedhring

I'm surprised he has been apparently able to just walk into Rostov. The whole thing is so weird. Russia is bizarre.

Tamas

Allegedly the first skirmish between Wagner and the National Guard took place on the main road between Rostov to Moscow with the Guard routing and leaving behind their equipment, but then again this may be entirely made up.

Kadyrov has also started his usual sabre-rattling (against Wagner) but what's new.

More importantly I think Putin's absence is telling. Even if his actual power and control was strong until now, he being too scared and paranoid to be out in the open and visible organising the fight against the rebels is not a good look and there's no way his image will survive this.

Crazy_Ivan80

Ukraine matters has a livestream going on ATM, which is of course nothing special.
But on screen there's this girl doing her thing, and that, I think it's the Burmese girl doing her exercises and inadvertently catching the coup on video.
Just a fun tidbit