News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Iran, Nigeria and Bosnia are in the same group?  How wimpy. :huh:

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 21, 2014, 05:57:30 PM
Iran, Nigeria and Bosnia are in the same group?  How wimpy. :huh:

Nigeria won the Cup of Nations, and Iran and Bosnia won their qual groups.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Come on Bosnia, save my picks!

Tamas

OMGWTF I got one of the results right!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Tamas on June 21, 2014, 06:59:19 PM

Clearly you paid off that assistant referee.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 21, 2014, 07:01:09 PM

A bag of beets and two sets of hubcaps.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 21, 2014, 07:01:09 PM

It certainly looked like someone did.  The non-call on the Nigeria goal was questionable, but the off-side call on the Bosnian goal that was waved off was clearly wrong.

Syt

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 21, 2014, 05:34:16 PM

Mesmerizing.

German TV have sent Munich based Brazilian singer Fernanda Brandao (of who I was previously unaware) as correspondent to Brazil to interview locals and fans:

I find her segments ... distracting.  :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

The Holland-Australia game was good.
I had previously decided my team to support this tournament would be Holland but still found myself rooting for the Australians in that game.
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Damn, lost the lead in the pool.
Frunk has been smart to not pick any draws. I deleted mine after a few games, but not soon enough.  :(

Tamas

I have taken the ten to one odds offered on France winning the World Cup, but not out of jest - I think they have been the most consistently impressive. So I guess they stand no chance now :p

Wisdom for today:
Belgium wins, Hazard scores a goal
South Korea's game will be a snore fest, so only thing I have money on is there being less than 3 goals altogether
USA will embarrass and send home Portugal

Norgy

Quote from: Tamas on June 22, 2014, 06:43:33 AM

While I would truly enjoy that, I have a nagging feeling the Portuguese will at least try this time.

alfred russel

Quote from: Tamas on June 22, 2014, 06:43:33 AM

Wisdom for today:

NOOOOOOO!  :P

Hopefully you are right, and if you are wrong it because we beat them by the skin of our teeth. But still, to embarrass them we will need to score a lot of goals, and I don't know where that goal production is going to come from.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

What are the oddsmakers saying about US Portugal?