Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Liep on June 21, 2014, 11:28:30 AM
Quote from: Zanza on June 21, 2014, 10:58:07 AM
There seem to be more Argentinian than Iranian fans... :P

If this score lasts, when will they start booing at their team?

40 or so minutes. Iran is now two for two in boring games.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Don't  blame them. It's up to the Argies to open this one up. A 0-0 draw is good for iran
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

alfred russel

Quote from: Tamas on June 21, 2014, 04:47:35 AM
My wisdom for the day:

Argentina to win both halfs

Germany to win, and to win both halfs

Nigeria to win, because I can't believe the odds are right on giving them little chance.

Come on man, your wisdom didn't even last past the first half.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Liep

It's not good enough to play for a draw in a World Cup. But I also blame Argentina, and I still hold contempt for every team that didn't beat Greece in the 2004 EC.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

Iran is playing smart. If they would openly attack Argentina, they would lose.

Zanza

That could have been a penalty for Iran...

Liep

Now it's a good game, Iran is actually trying to get something from their possession, and they just got the biggest chance of the game.

And a non-called penalty.

Norgy

Iran is looking the better team at the moment. Who'd have thought.

Liep

Iran had a very good period, but looks like they're running on fumes now. Argentina still looks uninspired.

Liep

Wow, great contra football by Iran.

alfred russel

Quote from: Norgy on June 21, 2014, 12:31:06 PM
Iran is looking the better team at the moment. Who'd have thought.

Certainly not Tamas.  :whistle:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

Shit. Iran would have deserved a point here.  :osama:

Syt

As we say in German, "Fußball kann so ungerecht sein." (Football can be so unjust.)
—Stephen Jay Gould