News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2014

Started by Maladict, January 01, 2014, 06:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

The damn thing is that I just need to kick myself in the ass and ride after work.  Still, it is easier in June when it is 70 in the afternoon than in August when it is 85 at the same time...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Monoriu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUGDRwge4F8

I think this is doable.  I'll struggle a lot to get up from the floor though. 

alfred russel

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 03, 2014, 06:57:01 AM
Quote from: Liep on August 01, 2014, 09:00:25 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 01, 2014, 08:31:51 PM
Spartan Race is one week from tomorrow.

Still fat and clumsy. :(

Spartan Race looks like it takes what little enjoyment there is in running and shits on it.
Hah. Not a bad way of looking at it.  I just want to see if I can do it.  Try something different.

You have to post an AAR. I almost signed up for the one here earlier this year. Are you doing the sprint?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Jaron

I messed up bad this year.  :cry:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Liep

I had a nice 110 km ride today that I dubbed Castle Route as it passes by Frederiksborg, Fredensborg and finally Kronborg in Elsinore before finishing with a nice 50km ride along Øresund, luckily the wind was coming from the north on my way home.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Legbiter

If you're going to run, 5 minutes a day is enough to show benefits.

QuoteYou don't need to clock record speeds or run marathons to stay healthy. A new study published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology finds that running as little as five minutes a day will do. It gives you the same benefits of running or walking for longer.

The key is to sustain the practice.

Running may in fact be a better exercise option than more moderate-intensity exercises for healthy but sedentary people since it produces similar, if not greater, mortality benefits in five to 10 minutes compared to 15 to 20 minutes per day of moderate-intensity activity.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/5-50-minutes-running-makes-no-difference-health-063839223.html#wVid1nS

So go right ahead and relax on the chronic cardio.  :showoff:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Legbiter

Quote from: Monoriu on August 03, 2014, 10:14:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUGDRwge4F8

I think this is doable.  I'll struggle a lot to get up from the floor though.

The thing is mono that most men are losers and never get to the "doing" part of fitness. Just by showing up and actually working out you're way ahead of most.  :hug:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

alfred russel

Today I woke up and was really hungry. So I ordered pick up from outback. I felt like I ate a lot so I decided to look up the damage:

Aussie Cheese Fries: 1930 calories
12 oz New York Strip: 655 calories
Broccoli side: 109 calories
Loaded Potato: 532 calories

Total: 3,226 calories

I'm still working on the bread, which is another 310 calories. Regardless, I feel like I accomplished something today.  :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Liep

Just ran a personal best 5km: 27m13s. :blush:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on August 09, 2014, 12:50:24 PM
Aussie Cheese Fries: 1930 calories

The delicious taste of clogged arteries. :mmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Liep on August 09, 2014, 12:54:28 PM

That's pretty good going, especially as you're now rather getting on.  :P

I doubt I did it that fast, when I used to run 5,000 metres, though I forget the times, it was literally half a lifetime ago.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

alfred russel

Quote from: Liep on August 09, 2014, 12:54:28 PM

Time for a sprint triathlon?