News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2014

Started by Maladict, January 01, 2014, 06:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

I've won two weeks' training at this new concept gym. Could be interesting.
http://speedflex.com/

mongers

Not doing a great deal at the mo, did my 14 miles in 50 minutes 'mini-workout' when I got home yesterday evening, first time in a while.  :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Did 50 km on bike yesterday,which was dead easy (hint mainly former railwaylines), even beat a lot of the traffic on the wayback.

But that was nearly the furthest I went all month, probably did no more than 250 miles in August, what with having to go to hospital visiting so much.  :Embarrass:

Darth Wagtaros

New running shoes. Helped out.
PDH!

Liep

Did 23 km on the mountain bike yesterday. First time I managed to do a full circle on the single track route. Today I'm feeling it though, every part of my body is aching.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on September 04, 2014, 08:05:05 AM
Did 23 km on the mountain bike yesterday. First time I managed to do a full circle on the single track route. Today I'm feeling it though, every part of my body is aching.

Which is good, isn't it. :unsure:

Liep

Quote from: mongers on September 04, 2014, 08:09:08 AM
Quote from: Liep on September 04, 2014, 08:05:05 AM

Which is good, isn't it. :unsure:

Sure, I just wasn't expecting everything to hurt. Shoulders, hands, back are in pain but my legs are actually okay.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Quote from: Maladict on August 11, 2014, 03:35:59 AM
Quote from: Maladict on May 29, 2014, 09:19:43 AM
Right, since my Ventoux plan collapsed I signed up for something insane closer to home.

It's a 4 km lap containing a fairly vicious 1 km climb (average 10%, max 13%).
The challenge is to do up to 40 laps.  :lol:

Just four weeks to go. Had a 120 km training session in the hills on Friday, it wasn't very pleasant.
The hill I'm supposed to climb 40 times I saved for last, and I had to drop to ~10 km/h to make it to the top. :Embarrass:

Tomorrow around this time it will be over at least. If I wasn't being sponsored to do this for charity I probably wouldn't show up. :(

Packing my stuff, food is always tricky. I've got a bowl of pasta, four pancakes, six bananas, ten energy bars.
Should be enough, I hope.

Liep

Good luck! Just look angrily at that climb and tell it to suck a dick.

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on September 05, 2014, 10:58:44 AM
Quote from: Maladict on August 11, 2014, 03:35:59 AM
Quote from: Maladict on May 29, 2014, 09:19:43 AM
Right, since my Ventoux plan collapsed I signed up for something insane closer to home.

It's a 4 km lap containing a fairly vicious 1 km climb (average 10%, max 13%).
The challenge is to do up to 40 laps.  :lol:

Just four weeks to go. Had a 120 km training session in the hills on Friday, it wasn't very pleasant.
The hill I'm supposed to climb 40 times I saved for last, and I had to drop to ~10 km/h to make it to the top. :Embarrass:

Tomorrow around this time it will be over at least. If I wasn't being sponsored to do this for charity I probably wouldn't show up. :(

Packing my stuff, food is always tricky. I've got a bowl of pasta, four pancakes, six bananas, ten energy bars.
Should be enough, I hope.

Good luck Mal, it'll be a cool achievement once it's over. :cheers:

Darth Wagtaros

The Stair Master is brutal.

PDH!

mongers

The reason I haven't done a lot the last month, is because I've been dealing with an elderly relative in hospital.

Which by my estimation has involved 45 miles walking, 92 miles cycling, 69 bus journeys, 545 miles by said vehicles and one ambulance trip, throw in visiting times and waiting for buses, and that's eaten a sizable chunk of the last 37 days.  :(

The upside? the necessary hospital care would have bankrupted her in the USA.

fhdz

Quote from: Legbiter on August 11, 2014, 07:26:28 AM
Today is shoulder press day. I love this lift, so underrated.

The shoulder press is insane. Valuable, yes, but insane.
and the horse you rode in on

Ideologue

I feel that I don't produce enough myostatin and any attempt to gain muscle is futile.  I've been at like basically the same number of push-ups for like two months.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on September 05, 2014, 09:14:16 PM
I feel that I don't produce enough myostatin and any attempt to gain muscle is futile.  I've been at like basically the same number of push-ups for like two months.

This sounds like an excuse wrapped up in some random jargon, to possibly explain away a lack of motivation towards a target you've not that happy with? :unsure: