News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2014

Started by Maladict, January 01, 2014, 06:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Liep on August 12, 2014, 04:48:21 PM
10km in 58 minutes. I think I was faster when I ran that in school some 15 years ago but since that was also the last time I was able to run that distance I think it's pretty good.

:cool: Good going.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

What's going on? I'm having increasingly more trouble each time I go out training, weak and aching muscles, cramps.
I'm not overtraining, eating and drinking well. Sleep could be better, but that's nothing new.

Liep

I'm no expert but it sounds like fatigue, take a week off and see what happens.

Sleep is key.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on August 14, 2014, 02:28:50 AM
I'm no expert but it sounds like fatigue, take a week off and see what happens.

Sleep is key.

Yeah, that's the only thing I could think of.
That sucks, I only have three weeks of training left. I'll take a break until Monday.  :mad:

Liep

I took the train down to southern Zealand and took my bike for spin along the coast. Lovely small country roads, no cars, the sea, forests, idyllic towns, empty towns and lots of newly harvested fields. Greatest route I've taken yet.

And a fuck tonnes of headwind. 30-50 km/h headwinds and an undulating terrain can really take the fun out of cycling. :P

I took this picture at lunch, not a bad place for a break:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

What a nice trip and a lovely place to stop.  :cool:

I think our Richard Hyulk (sp?) has some familiarity with those particular winds.

mongers

Eek fitness has plummeted this month, what with having to visit an ill family member in hospital.

Anyway had a nice 23-24 mile bike trip to the hospital, along a stretch of a river and a village I've never been through before.

So that makes about 60 miles in the last 72 hours, I'm now beginning to feel slightly better now; to put that in perspective, I've probably only done that distance in the previous two weeks before the last couple of days.  :blush:

Martinus

My weekly routine now consists of two gym sessions with my trainer (on Saturday and Sunday) and one or two yoga classes (on Wednesday and/or Saturday). I tried to get into running but keep getting problems with my knee.

Also just got a "fitness ball" and a pair of hand weights, to exercise at home - at worst, gonna use the ball as a chair for tv/movies as it is better for back muscles than the couch. :P

Syt

Because I'm a lazy gimboid I've decided to give the "7 Minute Workout" a try this morning. How bad can it be, and it's only 7 minutes to soothe your conscience, right?

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/09/the-scientific-7-minute-workout/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

I was near dead during exercise 11, and quit at 12. I was ready to throw up, and an hour later my body still aches.

I will do it again tomorrow morning.

YMMV, I've not done any sports in months.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Monoriu

Quote from: Syt on August 21, 2014, 12:09:12 AM
Because I'm a lazy gimboid I've decided to give the "7 Minute Workout" a try this morning. How bad can it be, and it's only 7 minutes to soothe your conscience, right?

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/09/the-scientific-7-minute-workout/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

I was near dead during exercise 11, and quit at 12. I was ready to throw up, and an hour later my body still aches.

Out of these 12, I can do 1.  And 5 with great difficulty.  All the others are out of my league  :lol:

Syt

I'm pretty ok with everything requiring leg strength from that menu (though I still do feel it). Everything for the upper body, esp. crunches, though ....  :ph34r:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Monoriu

Quote from: Syt on August 21, 2014, 02:07:01 AM
I'm pretty ok with everything requiring leg strength from that menu (though I still do feel it). Everything for the upper body, esp. crunches, though ....  :ph34r:

I suck at anything that requires agility, flexibility, balance or centre/lower body strength  :sleep:

Liep

I tried that workout, your body will also ache tomorrow. :p

Zanza

Did some rock climbing (grades 4-5) and some white water kayaking this week and really noticed my lack of upper body strength.

Brazen

Quote from: Syt on August 21, 2014, 12:09:12 AM

I did that routine for a few weeks after reading Michael Mosley's FAST exercise book. Even though it's only 7 minutes it still gets tedious pretty quickly.

We're moving office this weekend, so I've brought my running kit for one last run in this locale. Now, park or canal? :hmm: