Main Menu

Fitness 2014

Started by Maladict, January 01, 2014, 06:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on July 31, 2014, 03:33:08 PM
Just spent an obscene amount of money on a satnav for my bike. :blush:

:(  :cool:  :hmm: 

I sometimes get the most odd looks, when I stopped my bike to get a map out to read the terrain, like I'm from the Neolithic or something.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Quote from: Maladict on July 31, 2014, 03:33:08 PM
Just spent an obscene amount of money on a satnav for my bike. :blush:

Garmin? I'm thrilled with my Edge 800 even if it was very expensive.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on July 31, 2014, 03:47:30 PM

I sometimes get the most odd looks, when I stopped my bike to get a map out to read the terrain, like I'm from the Neolithic or something.

I gave up on paper maps for cycling, I just can't be bothered to take it out every 20 minutes or so.
And they don't last much longer than a single trip because of all the sweating  :Embarrass:

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on July 31, 2014, 03:48:33 PM

Garmin? I'm thrilled with my Edge 800 even if it was very expensive.

Bryton 60.

mongers

All in all, a pretty lazy month, other stuff has just got in the way of biking, probably done about 280 miles plus 35 miles walking.  :blush:

Liep

I one upped James Rodriguez on my ride today, I had a giant red and yellow dragonfly take up residence on my thigh for about 5 km. It wasn't easy to flick off so I decided to just let it hang on.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Brazen

OK, I may have committed to my silliest fundraising event to date. Seedy, you'd approve:

https://www.justgiving.com/BereniceBaker/

alfred russel

Quote from: Brazen on August 01, 2014, 09:17:47 AM
OK, I may have committed to my silliest fundraising event to date. Seedy, you'd approve:

https://www.justgiving.com/BereniceBaker/

If I showed up to support the cause in person, would that be creepy?  :hmm: :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

Quote from: Liep on August 01, 2014, 08:09:52 AM
I one upped James Rodriguez on my ride today, I had a giant red and yellow dragonfly take up residence on my thigh for about 5 km. It wasn't easy to flick off so I decided to just let it hang on.

:cool:

Maladict

Nice trip across the Delta Works today, even if it took 5 hours to get to the starting point.
It had to be a leisurely trip because the beaches were pretty crowded, but that just leaves more time to check out some tail the interesting flood barriers.

And I'm just loving my satnav, it's fantastic.

Darth Wagtaros

Spartan Race is one week from tomorrow.

Still fat and clumsy. :(
PDH!

Liep

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 01, 2014, 08:31:51 PM

Spartan Race looks like it takes what little enjoyment there is in running and shits on it.

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on August 01, 2014, 04:01:05 PM
Nice trip across the Delta Works today, even if it took 5 hours to get to the starting point.
It had to be a leisurely trip because the beaches were pretty crowded, but that just leaves more time to check out some tail the interesting flood barriers.

And I'm just loving my satnav, it's fantastic.

Excellent. :jealous:

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Liep on August 01, 2014, 09:00:25 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 01, 2014, 08:31:51 PM

Spartan Race looks like it takes what little enjoyment there is in running and shits on it.
Hah. Not a bad way of looking at it.  I just want to see if I can do it.  Try something different. 
PDH!

Monoriu

I've been thinking about doing a little bit more weight training, but I have no idea how. 

I want to do it at home.  I have a bed, a sofa, a couple of chairs, and 2 dumbbells.  That's it, no barbells, no benches, no machines.   

Already doing shoulder push and bicep curl.  Anything else that I can do with the dumbbells?  I know absolutely nothing about weight training, and I can barely lift my desktop computer up.  I am not trying to build up any muscles.  That's for another life.  I just want to lose some weight and perhaps make it a bit easier to move my suitcases around. 

Upper body exercises are preferred.  My centre and leg muscle strength is non-existent.  Body flexibility index is at or slightly below zero, whatever that means.  Something any idiot could do.  Not going to hire a trainer, so I need something I can do without supervision.