News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2014

Started by Maladict, January 01, 2014, 06:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

7:45 am, 48 degrees, not too much wind.  I guess this is time to do my first ride (maybe only 20 or so miles) of the season.  By the time I am out of here it should be over 50 - and this is about as good as it gets.  This evening there are thunderstorms leading into snow (2-5 inches overnight).

Ride when I can.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on April 12, 2014, 08:51:14 AM
7:45 am, 48 degrees, not too much wind.  I guess this is time to do my first ride (maybe only 20 or so miles) of the season.  By the time I am out of here it should be over 50 - and this is about as good as it gets.  This evening there are thunderstorms leading into snow (2-5 inches overnight).

Ride when I can.

Good luck with that.  :)

Pretty much ideal conditions here, I'm trying to get out each and every evening.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

Did the 22 miles in 1.5 hours.  Bit of a push coming in, but all around fun.  Glad that there will be snow tomorrow - I believe I will find my saddle fitness isn't too great after a winter off...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on April 12, 2014, 11:05:33 AM
Did the 22 miles in 1.5 hours.  Bit of a push coming in, but all around fun.  Glad that there will be snow tomorrow - I believe I will find my saddle fitness isn't too great after a winter off...

:cool:

Good going, way up in the clouds.

Maladict

PDH

My butt isn't as sore as I thought...tomorrow with the snow coming down I think it might be a bit worse...
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

PDH

Evening after my first long(ish) ride.  Altitude is always a bitch, now I am coughing and my throat is made of beef jerky.  Still, the legs have held up, no problems there, and I can still sit down.  All good signs.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

alfred russel

Just ripped off another toenail. In the past 10 months, I've lost every toenail at least once, except the big ones. Mostly from hiking, but also from running.

Needless to say, my feet look sort of rough.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on April 12, 2014, 07:31:27 AM
Good luck with that, I be thinking of you as I listen to Paris-Roubaix on the radio tomorrow.

And a very good Paris-Roubaix it was, the curse has been lifted.  :cool:
Too bad I missed it.

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on April 13, 2014, 11:02:52 AM
Quote from: mongers on April 12, 2014, 07:31:27 AM
Good luck with that, I be thinking of you as I listen to Paris-Roubaix on the radio tomorrow.

And a very good Paris-Roubaix it was, the curse has been lifted.  :cool:
Too bad I missed it.

So how did you do in your race?

Eddie Teach

Note: Just because you can lift a certain amount of weight doesn't mean you should.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 13, 2014, 05:33:27 PM
Note: Just because you can lift a certain amount of weight doesn't mean you should.

Serious question PW, what sort of fitness to you want to have?

Eddie Teach

I'd like to be able to play basketball without hurting myself.

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 13, 2014, 06:45:46 PM
I'd like to be able to play basketball without hurting myself.

So what's that ? Mainly aerobic with a focus on agility, rather than pure strength?

Eddie Teach

I'd also like to look good. I'm taking a balanced approach. Mobility, strength and stamina are all important.