And we're back!

Main Menu

Nelson Mandela RIP

Started by Sheilbh, December 05, 2013, 05:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 06, 2013, 02:21:47 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 06, 2013, 02:16:11 PM
Hey when you worked for Phil Gramm did you ever ask him why he voted against the South African Sanctions?

:lol: I just posted in the soccer and movie threads.  You should respond to those too.

You've been slacking the last couple weeks and you have a lot of ground to make up.

Were they about Phil Gramm?  Anyway, I think you understand what I'm getting at here, don't you?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on December 06, 2013, 05:21:14 PM
Were they about Phil Gramm?  Anyway, I think you understand what I'm getting at here, don't you?

I have a hunch.  You only have about three plays in your play book.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on December 06, 2013, 12:52:03 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 06, 2013, 11:27:09 AM
Really?  You think that's a majority view here?

No, you guys have rewritten your history on how Mandela was viewed.

Go on.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 06, 2013, 05:40:47 PM
I have a hunch.  You only have about three plays in your play book.
And two of them are card tricks.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

chipwich

I'm not savvy to the arguments about Mandela being evil. How do you respond to the AIDS thing?

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on December 06, 2013, 05:54:06 PM

Go on.

Many Conservative politicians in this country opposed Mandela's efforts and called him a terrorist back in the 1980's.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on December 07, 2013, 03:02:16 AM
Many Conservative politicians in this country opposed Mandela's efforts and called him a terrorist back in the 1980's.

How Mandela was viewed by the GOP in the 80s has little to do with how he's viewed by Languish in 2013.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 07, 2013, 04:47:40 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 07, 2013, 03:02:16 AM

How Mandela was viewed by the GOP in the 80s has little to do with how he's viewed by Languish in 2013.

Do you have a point?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

People are allowed to change their minds Raz after seeing how history turned out.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Ingmar Bergman stopped being a Hitler fan in 1946.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 07, 2013, 06:07:04 AM
People are allowed to change their minds Raz after seeing how history turned out.

There is a changing minds and changing history.  And when you side with those who wrongly persecuted someone you should be at least a little sorry.  Give it some time, and you'll find some one who'll claim that Mandela was a conservative!

Razgovory

Josephus

Wonder if they'll do the same for Obama
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

It's sociable not to heap invective on the recently deceased.  Just accept it Raz, it's one of those facets of human behavior that you don't understand.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.