Cultural Learnings Of United Kingdom To Make Benefit Glorious Nation Of Hungary

Started by Tamas, December 03, 2013, 08:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Barrister on December 03, 2013, 11:30:37 AM
Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2013, 11:28:30 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 03, 2013, 11:20:38 AM
I found Budapest rather quiet and somewhat melancholy.........I put that down to it not having as many people as it should  :hmm:

I was there in 1997 and I thought it felt a bit angry and foreboding.  I put that down to just recently emerging from under the boot of the hated Russians.  Man did those people hate the Russians.  That was the most pissed off history museum I ever went to  :ph34r:

I was there 10 years later, and rather liked Budapest because it was the only place in eastern europe that felt like it had once been a part of the Warsaw Pact.  Prague and Krakow felt very much like the west.

That's because you were in the Balkans.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 03, 2013, 01:43:21 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 03, 2013, 01:38:25 PM
Quote from: The Brain on December 03, 2013, 01:34:42 PM
Fuck you. There is nothing strange about always inspecting your stool.

If it were necessary, your body would keep it.  Weirdos.

But you should inspect it.

I inspect mine every day. But I ain't touching it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Quote from: mongers on December 03, 2013, 01:44:17 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 03, 2013, 11:30:37 AM
Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2013, 11:28:30 AM
I found Budapest rather quiet and somewhat melancholy.........I put that down to it not having as many people as it should  :hmm:

I was there in 1997 and I thought it felt a bit angry and foreboding.  I put that down to just recently emerging from under the boot of the hated Russians.  Man did those people hate the Russians.  That was the most pissed off history museum I ever went to  :ph34r:

I was there 10 years later, and rather liked Budapest because it was the only place in eastern europe that felt like it had once been a part of the Warsaw Pact.  Prague and Krakow felt very much like the west.

That's because you were in the Balkans.

HEY NOW

CountDeMoney

I'm confident that it would look like shit, and easily identifiable as such on the Fecal Scale.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2013, 11:15:00 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 03, 2013, 10:53:06 AM
Tamas, I like the way that you find Londoners too cheerful and friendly, it's not what they are usually accused of  :D

You can just imagine how dour and grim Hungarians are.

I mean if he thinks you guys are too cheerful I shudder to think what he would think of us :lol:

As I say I shouldn't generalise but the Hungarians I've worked with were unbelievably miserable :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote-"how are you" "how are you doing", plus casual quick conversation by cashiers and such: YOU DON`T REALLY CARE!!! STOP ASKING! I have seen some occasion of people dropping that casually and moving on without waiting for the answer. A Hungarian friend once tried dropping "Quite bad actually" as an answer to enjoy the confusion and meltdown which followed. :D
Hungarians are whiny and moody, being all cheerful and friendly all the time is EXHAUSTING
:lol:
And you're in London. The stereotype of that area is that they're quiet and unfriendly.
Don't go to the north or you'll explode

-separate cold and hot water taps for the sink: RLY, SRSLY?
:huh:
I don't get the complaint. I guess in Hungary those shitty one tap for hot and cold dealies are common?

-charity and the environment: I am happy that I would give electricity to an entire Bangladesh household but I still don`t want that £5 T-shirt. And people should not parachute jump for charity. Give money to charity, AND jump out of an airplane for fun.
hmm, wouldn't rant against that on environmental grounds but yes, the whole "Sponsor me to do something awesome...for charity" thing sucks.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

One more thing: how does a flower become "ethically sourced"? Does it get killed very gently?

Tamas

Oh, and that biscuit box I rambled on about: it was trying to make me buy it because ingredients were bought locally. In Scotland. Why should somebody in England be ahead from that? Seriously. There is SOME point in supporting YOUR OWN local producers, as in "I will take one for the team and buy his overpriced crap instead of the Chinese underpriced crap". But to buy something "locally produced" when that local is not your own seem to go straight against that logic.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Brazen

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on December 04, 2013, 09:04:49 AM
One more thing: how does a flower become "ethically sourced"? Does it get killed very gently?
Either locally produced, but they'd probably say that, or labour conditions in the Kenya rose farms are better and they do something about the carbon from the air miles. That'd be my guess :)

QuoteThere is SOME point in supporting YOUR OWN local producers, as in "I will take one for the team and buy his overpriced crap instead of the Chinese underpriced crap". But to buy something "locally produced" when that local is not your own seem to go straight against that logic.
It's not about helping your own (though that includes Scotland) but cutting down on carbon emissions from shipping oats from Africa. Also, depending on the product, the idea that if it's local it's fresher and better.

A distant third is that you should support British farmers when you can. You can probably get local, local biscuits from a farm shop.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Brazen on December 04, 2013, 09:13:29 AM
Quote from: Tyr on December 04, 2013, 09:11:25 AM
Its not quite local but it is the same country...
For the time being.
Some Tory's briefing that Jeremy Hunt should take over the 'Better Together' campaign :blink: :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Brazen on December 04, 2013, 09:13:29 AM
Quote from: Tyr on December 04, 2013, 09:11:25 AM
Its not quite local but it is the same country...
For the time being.

I was under the impression independence was not a forgone conclusion.  They have to vote and stuff.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."