Cultural Learnings Of United Kingdom To Make Benefit Glorious Nation Of Hungary

Started by Tamas, December 03, 2013, 08:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Grey Fox

So, you are telling me that Showers in the UK are self heating?

That's a nice feature, I guess.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Viking

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 03, 2013, 10:53:06 AM
Tamas, I like the way that you find Londoners too cheerful and friendly, it's not what they are usually accused of  :D

Usually the only londoners that are cheerful and friendly are happy drunks, drug dealers and rentboys looking for work. Happy drunks are few and far between.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Brazen

Ironically, the majority of UK kitchens have mixer taps, so my arguments fall flat  :lol:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Valmy

Tamas, I like the way that you find Londoners too cheerful and friendly, it's not what they are usually accused of  :D

You can just imagine how dour and grim Hungarians are.

I mean if he thinks you guys are too cheerful I shudder to think what he would think of us :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

So, Tamas, what's your opinion on the Brit fondness for indoor carpeting EVERYWHERE?

Maximus

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 03, 2013, 11:02:13 AM

if you like the idea of a high-amperage electric circuit in your shower.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2013, 11:15:00 AM

You can just imagine how dour and grim Hungarians are.

I mean if he thinks you guys are too cheerful I shudder to think what he would think of us :lol:

I found Budapest rather quiet and somewhat melancholy.........I put that down to it not having as many people as it should  :hmm:

lustindarkness

So, do the brits have casual conversations in waiting line to order your Big Mac? And yes, its called waiting in line. :P
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 03, 2013, 11:20:38 AM
I found Budapest rather quiet and somewhat melancholy.........I put that down to it not having as many people as it should  :hmm:

I was there in 1997 and I thought it felt a bit angry and foreboding.  I put that down to just recently emerging from under the boot of the hated Russians.  Man did those people hate the Russians.  That was the most pissed off history museum I ever went to  :ph34r:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2013, 11:28:30 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 03, 2013, 11:20:38 AM

I was there in 1997 and I thought it felt a bit angry and foreboding.  I put that down to just recently emerging from under the boot of the hated Russians.  Man did those people hate the Russians.  That was the most pissed off history museum I ever went to  :ph34r:

I was there 10 years later, and rather liked Budapest because it was the only place in eastern europe that felt like it had once been a part of the Warsaw Pact.  Prague and Krakow felt very much like the west.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Maximus on December 03, 2013, 11:19:57 AM

That can be quite fun in the right circustances.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 03, 2013, 11:31:24 AM
Quote from: Maximus on December 03, 2013, 11:19:57 AM

That can be quite fun in the right circustances.

The correct Brit term for this is "bracing"  :D