Cultural Learnings Of United Kingdom To Make Benefit Glorious Nation Of Hungary

Started by Tamas, December 03, 2013, 08:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tamas

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tamas on December 04, 2013, 06:33:58 PM
Oh an other favourite of mine: how the relation between curtains and privacy at home is apparently lost on a lot of Britons. They. Just. Would. Not. Put. Curtains. Up.
What the hell?!!

My new bathroom has one of those high opaque windows to let light in. I hates it. Especially considering there are occasionally planes flying overhead.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Tamas on December 04, 2013, 06:36:53 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 04, 2013, 06:36:20 PM
Maybe they don't have anything to hide. 

I disagree.

The best thing about the UK is its surveillance society.  Soon, all human action and interaction will be transparent and honest and natural.  It'll be great.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

Everybody has something to hide. If only for dignity's sake.

Quote from: 109th Rule of Acquisition
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.

Ok, nevermind.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

Maybe they don't have anything to hide.  Do you?

Maybe there are people who like to hide from the sun in the early morning. Being waken up at 6 or 7 because blinders or curtains seemed to be some cutting edge development in home refurbishment is not something I was keen on when I was a teenager doing language courses there in the summers.

And the carpeting. THE CARPETING. IN THE BATHROOM.

Ideologue

OK, curtains for denying the sun is fine; and carpet in bathrooms is fucking gross.
Kinemalogue

garbon

I feel like I recall some master baths in Southern California, where the sinks are separate from the shower/tub/toilet. The former had carpeting with the latter having tile.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

My sink and toilet are both separate from my bathtub.  But I understand that things need to be a little more efficient in an NYC apartment.
Kinemalogue

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on December 04, 2013, 11:45:10 PM
My sink and toilet are both separate from my bathtub.  But I understand that things need to be a little more multifunctional in an NYC apartment.

:P

I meant they were in a separate but adjoining room.

Josquius

Quote from: The Larch on December 04, 2013, 09:12:41 PM
Maybe they don't have anything to hide.  Do you?

Maybe there are people who like to hide from the sun in the early morning. Being waken up at 6 or 7 because blinders or curtains seemed to be some cutting edge development in home refurbishment is not something I was keen on when I was a teenager doing language courses there in the summers.

And the carpeting. THE CARPETING. IN THE BATHROOM.
I've never seen a carpeted bathroom in my life.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

I know a lot of people who put down mats.  I think that's gross too.

Actually, my bathroom's kind of nasty, but that's laziness, not setting up bacteria traps on purpose.
Kinemalogue