Started by Tamas, December 03, 2013, 08:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Ideologue

Quote from: mongers on December 07, 2013, 09:03:49 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 06, 2013, 10:59:09 PM
How tiny are these yards?

Have a guess:

53 million of us in 50,000 sq.miles, probably 2/3rd of which agricultural land.

That's a lot of carpeted bathrooms.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tamas

So, Brits: aftershave with alcohol in it. Do I need to approach shady dealers in alleyways to find one, or what?

Josquius

Aftershave only comes as gifts from relatives who have no idea what else to get you, it cannot be bought.
I assume.
██████
██████
██████

Richard Hakluyt

Just drink Scotch like everyone else...........bloomin' foreigners and their weird ways  <_<

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on January 10, 2014, 10:24:26 AM
Just drink Scotch like everyone else...........bloomin' foreigners and their weird ways  <_<

It's some kind of Gorbachev-era nostalgia with these guys. :rolleyes: 
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Tamas

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on January 10, 2014, 10:24:26 AM

:rolleyes:

Seriously though, shop is full of these creams and balms and whatevs. Where is the stuff with nice sanitizing alcohol in it?!  :mad:

Capetan Mihali

I think you should take it as a signal to stop drying your face out with that alcohol crap.  I know slapping it on is fun, but it's bad for your skin.  And I think people tend to feel it smells cheap.

Oh yeah, and what's the beet-joke angle on this..?  :hmm:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Richard Hakluyt

I don't use it so don't really know, at a guess you should try Boots the chemist's which is usually a good place for all that sort of thing.

Brazen

Quote from: Tamas on January 10, 2014, 10:40:02 AM
Seriously though, shop is full of these creams and balms and whatevs. Where is the stuff with nice sanitizing alcohol in it?!  :mad:
Boots. The classy stuff is in the glass cabinets next to the women's perfume. The basic stuff is by the razors and men's shower gel/deodorant etc.

http://www.boots.com/en/Men/Mens-Toiletries/Shaving/Aftershave/

Superdrug's sometimes a bit cheaper:
http://www.superdrug.com/mens/aftershave-for-men/icat/mens-aftershave

Or the 99p shop does some really basic face-slapping sanitising stuff!

Grey Fox

You do the manly thing & grow a proper beard, damn it.

Talking beard, I need a trim. I look like a cave man.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 10, 2014, 11:29:12 AM

Not everybody is a French Canadian trapper roaming through the frozen northern wildernesses.

Which one of these guys is you?

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 10, 2014, 11:29:12 AM

A beard?

GF has gone even more hipster. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Beards are hipster? Damn it.

@Valmy Dude with white shirt but darker hair.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."