Link Wray
2 (5.3%)
Yes
11 (28.9%)
The Zombies
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Savonarola

The Spinners come from the same Detroit suburb that I used to live in (as does Jazz bassist Ron Carter.)   :cool:  I'd like to see them get in; but I wouldn't replace anyone my list with them.

The Marvelettes are significant because "Please Mr. Postman" was Motown's first number 1 hit; but I'm not sure that they merit a place in the HoF.

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

The Minsky Moment

The Smiths were fairly influential I guess but not in a good way.  And not really rock&roll either, although I see NWA is in the mix as well.

Lou Reed did a lot of work outside VU, perhaps not all of it good, but some of it interesting.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Savonarola

Quote from: Savonarola on October 17, 2013, 02:52:28 PM
Quote from: sbr on October 17, 2013, 02:44:02 PM
I'm a big fan of both NWA and LL Cool J, but I don't think either should be in the Rock and Roll HoF.

Cleveland should have followed the Village Voice's lead and called it the "Pazz and Jop Hall of Fame" so we don't have to hear this same argument each and every year.

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 10, 2014, 01:13:30 PM
The Smiths were fairly influential I guess but not in a good way.  And not really rock&roll either,

Cleveland should have followed the Village Voice's lead and called it the "Pazz and Jop Hall of Fame" so we don't have to hear this same argument each and every year.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 10, 2014, 01:34:12 PM
Sting??? I thought his solo stuff was shyte.

Yeah, it was.  He was by far the most talented member of Police, yet his only decent stuff is from when he was with that band.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

Sting's solo stuff is okay, but most isn't even remotely rock.

Josquius

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 10, 2014, 01:13:30 PM
The Smiths were fairly influential I guess but not in a good way.  And not really rock&roll either, although I see NWA is in the mix as well.
They were (very arguably) the first recognisably indie (as a genre) band. Pretty positively influential even if you're not a fan.
But yeah, not rock.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Btw, why is Green Day on that list? They aren't too bad, but not exactly groundbreaking.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 10, 2014, 01:53:11 PM
I had no idea indie was a genre.

It isn't, but indie-rock and indie-pop can have a pretty distinct sound compared to their parent genre.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach