2 (5.3%)
Yes
11 (28.9%)
The Zombies
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 38

DontSayBanana

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 17, 2013, 02:27:59 PM
Peter Gabriel is not a band ;)  but he should definitely be in.

Peter Gabriel should not be in, but Genesis should. :secret:
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Peter Gabriel is good, has a tremendous body of work and is as progressive, multifaceted and artistic as they come, but he's not in the top 5 for this year's list.

DontSayBanana

Deep Purple, Nirvana, and Yes are absolutes.  I wouldn't call them a lock, but they've definitely got the influence to make it through the critic voting.  I shudder to say this, but KISS is probably the closest to a lock there, besides Hall and Oates.

Expanding on my previous post, I think it's a little premature to induct Peter Gabriel before inducting Genesis- if he got in, it would entirely be on the merits of So.  Hell, I don't even hear Games Without Frontiers on classic rock stations anymore.
Experience bij!

PDH

I lean toward The Replacements as one because of their impact and influence.  They helped keep things alive in the "dead zone" period.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 17, 2013, 07:52:24 PM
Deep Purple, Nirvana, and Yes are absolutes.  I wouldn't call them a lock, but they've definitely got the influence to make it through the critic voting.

See, I just don't see Yes as an absolute;  they had a few hits, but compared to a lot of other 70s-early 80s prog rock, there were bigger bands out there.

QuoteI shudder to say this, but KISS is probably the closest to a lock there, besides Hall and Oates.

Oh definitely;  if this poll were about who you think WILL be inducted, you know it's going to be KISS.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sheilbh

If I could I'd veto Cat Stevens, Yes, KISS and Deep Purple <_< :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 17, 2013, 08:24:51 PM
Somebody is the owner of a lonely heart.

You know you were rocking to that shit during the 7th grade dance.  Yeah, that dance.  You know which one I'm talking about.  You wore your new Vans that night, with your favorite Ocean Pacific t-shirt.