Yes
11 (28.9%)
The Zombies
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 17, 2013, 08:27:30 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 17, 2013, 08:24:51 PM
Somebody is the owner of a lonely heart.

You know you were rocking to that shit during the 7th grade dance.  Yeah, that dance.  You know which one I'm talking about.  You wore your new Vans that night, with your favorite Ocean Pacific t-shirt.

While wearing a keyboard tie newly purchased from Chess King.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 17, 2013, 08:22:30 PM
If I could I'd veto Cat Stevens, Yes, KISS and Deep Purple <_< :bleeding:

This may be the closest we've ever come to total agreement. :o

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Caliga on October 17, 2013, 08:27:03 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 17, 2013, 08:24:51 PM
Somebody is the owner of a lonely heart.
Don't give me the long distance runaround. :mad:

Don't be so harsh; I think somebody just doesn't deal well with Changes.

:angry: Also, fuck you, Yi and Sheilbh.  I can understand Yes isn't everbody's bag- hell, I have to be in the mood to listen to them, but you're seriously going to try and say Perfect Strangers and Machine Head don't deserve a spot in the Hall of Fame?  Black Sabbath is already in, and Deep Purple took their music as far as Black Sabbath took their sellout.
Experience bij!

The Larch

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 17, 2013, 07:49:37 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 17, 2013, 02:27:59 PM
Peter Gabriel is not a band ;)  but he should definitely be in.

Peter Gabriel should not be in, but Genesis should. :secret:

Genesis was already inducted 3 years ago.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: The Larch on October 17, 2013, 08:42:56 PM

:blush: Oops.  My bad.  In that case, I rescind my objection, though I still think he just doesn't have the body of work on his own to warrant a Hall of Fame induction.  Seriously, when's the last time you heard a Peter Gabriel song that wasn't either from So or a shitty Disney soundtrack?  Shock the Monkey, Games Without Frontiers, and that's it.
Experience bij!

Savonarola

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 17, 2013, 09:09:17 PM
Quote from: The Larch on October 17, 2013, 08:42:56 PM

:blush: Oops.  My bad.  In that case, I rescind my objection, though I still think he just doesn't have the body of work on his own to warrant a Hall of Fame induction.  Seriously, when's the last time you heard a Peter Gabriel song that wasn't either from So or a shitty Disney soundtrack?  Shock the Monkey, Games Without Frontiers, and that's it.

Solsbury Hill, Big Time, Biko
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Savonarola on October 17, 2013, 09:26:33 PM

OK, I'll grant you Solsbury Hill.  Big Time's on So, and I don't think I've ever heard Biko outside of my own copies of Melt.
Experience bij!

Sheilbh

Also WOMAD and evangelising for Kate Bush.

Is she on the list? <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

dps

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 17, 2013, 09:29:05 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on October 17, 2013, 09:26:33 PM

OK, I'll grant you Solsbury Hill.  Big Time's on So, and I don't think I've ever heard Biko outside of my own copies of Melt.

Just listened to Digging in the Dirt.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Savonarola

No love for The Meters.   :(

I think it's amusing that Chic was sampled by inductees The Beastie Boys and Grandmaster Flash, but isn't in.  (Though I wouldn't vote for them in the fan poll.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Sophie Scholl

KISS, NWA, and Nirvana all deserve to get in on their historical impact, let alone their impressive and/or quality of material.  The Meters and The Zombies on their ability and level of greatness in my opinion.  I think Gabriel and a few others should definitely get in, I'm just not sure if they're first ballot material or worthy of knocking out others when only selecting 5.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Liep

If the angry black men would please wait their turn.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/nirvana-kiss-e-street-lead-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fames-2014-class-20131216
QuoteThe Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has officially announced next year's inductees: Nirvana, Kiss, Peter Gabriel, Hall and Oates, Cat Stevens and Linda Ronstadt will all join the class of 2014. The E Street Band will be given the Award for Musical Excellence
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk