Link Wray
2 (5.3%)
Yes
11 (28.9%)
The Zombies
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Savonarola

Yesterday the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announced the nominations for their class of 2014.  Here's a quick blurb on each of the band from Cleveland.com:

http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/index.ssf/2013/10/rock_and_roll_hall_of_fame_cla.html

While I doubt anyone cares who gets in; that doesn't mean we can't argue about it.  This is Languish after all.   :bowler:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Peter Gabriel is not a band ;)  but he should definitely be in.

sbr

I'm a big fan of both NWA and LL Cool J, but I don't think either should be in the Rock and Roll HoF.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

Quote from: sbr on October 17, 2013, 02:44:02 PM
I'm a big fan of both NWA and LL Cool J, but I don't think either should be in the Rock and Roll HoF.

Cleveland should have followed the Village Voice's lead and called it the "Pazz and Jop Hall of Fame" so we don't have to hear this same argument each and every year.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

11B4V

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 17, 2013, 02:27:34 PM
Peter Gabriel, Nirvana and NWA stand out.

Peter Gabriel, Nirvana Deep Purple and NWA stand out.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

I've never even heard of the Meters, the Paul Butterfield Blues Band or Link Wray.

Savonarola

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 17, 2013, 03:05:45 PM
I've never even heard of the Meters, the Paul Butterfield Blues Band or Link Wray.

You probably know the Meters' front man, Art Neville, from The Neville Brothers. 

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Liep

Thought I heard on the radio that Nirvana already was inducted this year... :hmm:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Savonarola

Quote from: Liep on October 17, 2013, 03:29:29 PM
Thought I heard on the radio that Nirvana already was inducted this year... :hmm:

Rush, Heart, Randy Newman  (:yucky:), Public Enemy, Donna Summer and Albert King were 2013's inductees.

I think 2014 is the first year Nirvana is eligible; it's been 25 years since their first major release, "Bleach."