Link Wray
2 (5.3%)
Yes
11 (28.9%)
The Zombies
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Liep on October 10, 2014, 02:27:04 PM
Also a North Sea divide then.

Yeah rock is a pretty expansive term here. Both Garbage and No Doubt are rock bands.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on October 10, 2014, 02:23:13 PM
Rock.....These days it kind of carries connotations of 80s style long hair, unfashionable stuff. Very much towards the heavier side of the spectrum, much more so than the Strokes or the White Stripes. Though yes, by traditional definitions a lot of indie bands are also rock.
Indie is a very expansive genre. Pretty much means whatever the NME and the like love to go on about.
I'm not just making this up. Maybe its an Atlantic divide thing. But indie is very much seen as a kind of music in Britain.

Don't use Yi as a barometer on pop culture knowledge, please.  The guy's been channel-flipping through life for decades.