And we're back!

Main Menu

[iOS] Starbase Orion MP

Started by Barrister, September 26, 2013, 11:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

Quote from: Habbaku on November 11, 2013, 11:06:35 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on November 10, 2013, 11:14:29 AM
But on the topic of balance...I thought I did pretty well in system development, but from the way you and Habbaku progressed, it looks like industrious racial attributes is king.

I can't take a peek at your systems the way I can PRC's, but I hope you haven't made the mistake he has.  He doesn't seem to understand that the same system can have multiple colonizable planets...

Of course I fully realize that.  Because I have the Vass in that game I don't want to waste low population turns on high / low gravity / toxic worlds.

Habbaku

Presumably, though, you're at high population levels now.  Wouldn't it make sense to build a new colony on, say, Equitar III?  Or any of the others that can support 4 population?  Especially since there are techs that unlock higher population levels on all planets.  And gravity generators that fix gravity.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

PRC

Of course, but that comes at the cost of say, building fleets as you suggest earlier in the thread.  Hard choices.

Berkut

That is what I like about this game, it doesn't just let you do anything you want, you have to make choices.

Like I chose to not invest heavily in counter-espionage. That may have been unwise.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tonitrus

I just noticed that, if you remove Liao, our map/colors are almost a mirror image of the Inner Sphere.  :P

Habbaku

I thought Berkut and I did remove Liao.   :hmm:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Hehe.

The new game appears to be setup as a team game - was that intentional?

0 rows returned

Tonitrus

Quote from: Berkut on November 12, 2013, 09:27:04 PM
Hehe.

If it matters, I was drunk when I created it.  :P

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on November 12, 2013, 09:27:04 PM
Hehe.

I will never be able to stab anyone in the back.   :(

-J. R. R. Tolkien

PDH

Quote from: Habbaku on November 12, 2013, 09:42:00 PM

I will never be able to stab anyone in the back.   :(

Think positive, there's always yourself.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Berkut

Me and Habs are about to have the big showdown fight. Not as well situated as I hoped though.

Kind of weird, my fleet was only 1 turn away, but didn't get there in one turn. However, I did not get the message that says "Your fleet has been delayed..." either...

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on November 13, 2013, 10:02:55 PM
Me and Habs are about to have the big showdown fight. Not as well situated as I hoped though.

Kind of weird, my fleet was only 1 turn away, but didn't get there in one turn. However, I did not get the message that says "Your fleet has been delayed..." either...

I had the same thing happen.  The ETA for both fleets I sent was the same time, but the smaller (a single frigate-class) arrived by itself and was auto-killed while the big fleet took an extra turn to arrive.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tonitrus

Quote from: Berkut on November 13, 2013, 10:02:55 PM

I got the message. :ph34r:

Berkut

Well, the big battle happened.

It was rather anti-climatic. Habs wiped the floor with me losing nothing more than a bunch fo frigates. His Titans are nasty beasts.

There is a new leading player....

0 rows returned

PRC

I was trying to send some ships over, basically just to view the battle but it was going to take a couple of turns to arrive.  I was a little surprised to see it was over so quickly.