News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[iOS] Starbase Orion MP

Started by Barrister, September 26, 2013, 11:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Yeah, I've been thinking about ways to improve the game, and making the fleet battles take longer would be one way - right now they are crushingly decisive. I would like to see fleet battles

1. Take longer
2. Be more damaging to the winning player, while
3. Allowing an opportunity for the player losing the battle to get away...maybe.

I would love to see a huge engagement like we just had have a clear winner and loser, but the winner should be pretty beat up as well.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

I thought I was pretty beat up.  Do you have any idea how hard it is going to be to find frigate crews after news of that battle spreads throughout my empire?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

I mean all your ships with some minor battle damage, rather than just some few ships destroyed.

I would like to see some kind of check on the ability of the winner of a contested battle to simply move immediately to the next system. Maybe even some kind of need to re-supply.

0 rows returned

Tonitrus

Our little  battle was nice in the respect you were talking about.  Or just showed the huge flaws in my ship design.  :lol:

Habbaku

The Segin Accords have been signed between the lands of the Habbakian Empire and whomever's in charge after a little political scuffle over in Berkut's realm. 

With the cession of a few systems and the exchange of war indemnity to cover the payouts to all those poor, lost frigate-crews' families, the Habbakian Empire may finally focus on the only one who has been intransigent about signing research, trade or non-aggression pacts of any kind--Tonitrus.  This war-monger must be stopped!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Sure is a good thing the new game is on no timer since Beebs has apparently forgotten about it already.

0 rows returned

Barrister

I can't find my iPod, and everyone has been puking up their guts (little kids included) so I haven't spent a huge amount of time finding it. :(

Hopefully tonight.

Too bad you can't play iOS games on a Mac.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on November 15, 2013, 05:51:42 PM
Sure is a good thing the new game is on no timer since Beebs has apparently forgotten about it already.

Start a new game with a timer and no fixed alliances already.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on November 15, 2013, 05:54:34 PM
I can't find my iPod, and everyone has been puking up their guts (little kids included) so I haven't spent a huge amount of time finding it. :(

Hopefully tonight.

Too bad you can't play iOS games on a Mac.

O rly?

0 rows returned

Barrister

Sorry guys, I spent some time looking on Friday, and still can't find it.

If you want to restart without me I understand. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PRC

Maybe you left it at work and will find it tomorrow.

Tonitrus

One feature I think the game is lacking is some kind of penalty (at least a temporary one) on captured races/colonies...as it stands now, it seems when taking over an enemy colony, it is instantly as fully capable as any of your own.  And this leads to an easy swing to an avalanche of an overwhelming victory.

Habbaku

Your planets are nowhere near as capable as mine.  :P

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tonitrus

Quote from: Habbaku on November 19, 2013, 06:34:28 PM
Your planets are nowhere near as capable as mine.  :P

Well, I did try stripping them as best I could, being limited to scrapping one building per turn.  :P

Berkut

Habs does have some nice planets. The ones at Kant are especially awesome.

In other news, the Berkutian fleet has destroyed the bulk of the Habbukian fleet over Kant. We are now engaged in the process of reducing their marine defenses in preparation for its liberation.

0 rows returned