News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[iOS] Starbase Orion MP

Started by Barrister, September 26, 2013, 11:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Rather than cluttering up the generic iOS thread, and since we have a five-person MP game going, I thought I'd try a thread.

Interesting.  Looks like my place on the map has me pretty much inbetween Habs and Berkut. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on September 26, 2013, 11:25:44 AM

Interesting.  Looks like my place on the map has me pretty much inbetween Habs and Berkut. <_<

what could happen

Habbaku

Assuming the colors map to what is on the diplomacy screen, I have to wonder what map it is you're looking at.  I only see Berkut at the moment.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on September 26, 2013, 11:43:08 AM

Assuming the colors map to what is on the diplomacy screen, I have to wonder what map it is you're looking at.  I only see Berkut at the moment.

Well you announced you're in the NE corner.  I'm more north-central, with Berkut to the "south" of me.

Berkut

It matter not where I am, since I intend to live in peace with all.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Barrister on September 26, 2013, 12:27:10 PM

Well you announced you're in the NE corner.  I'm more north-central, with Berkut to the "south" of me.

:lol:  You should probably look and see what's in the NE sector.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on September 26, 2013, 01:43:22 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 26, 2013, 12:27:10 PM

:lol:  You should probably look and see what's in the NE sector.

Ah. :lol:

Tonitrus

Thought I'd toss in some ongoing AAR action for the masses...will see if I can work in some screenshots as well (though OPSEC would be a concern  :P )

Consul Tonitrus, hereditary leader of the human Leo Republic (long broken off from their Terran homeworld) watched as the second fleet departed the home system, returning to do battle with the Crystalline beast lurking in the Alcyone system.  In the previous encounter, the Leo flagship was lost, along with many of the lighter ships.  Having analyzed their previous strategy, and bolstered with new armaments technology, the Leo military leaders have greater confidence this time around.

His thoughts are soon interrupted by his attendant..."Consul, yet another envoy from the Isather's has arrived at the frontier, yet again requesting a research pact."

Visibly annoyed, Tonitrus blurts out "Can they not take a hint!"  Apparently, the Isather ruler, Habbaku, does not realize that no scribes are allowed!

"Our trade pact is only now showing a profit...working out the trade routes through Cyban space took forever...those cyborgs have been too quiet.  At least our pact with the Vass is finally bearing fruit."  But the Consul did mention the worry over the Vass task force, which had just cleared another space beast from the bordering Nashira system...presenting an ominously large presence along the fragile frontier. 

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on September 26, 2013, 12:31:14 PM

I suspect this desire may be tested rather sorely soon.  From my perspective, you border all 4 other players on multiple angles.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Emperor Barrister of the Barristonian Cyban Empire hereby advises all galactic nations we wish nothing but peace and prosperity with all.  We are saddened however that we haven't even been able to establish diplomatic relations with two rumoured nations, so we are closing in on completion of a new fleet of improved scout-class ships which we hope will be able to seek out new life forms and new civilizations.

If one of our scouts enters your system I can advise that they intend no harm.

Habbaku

My scouts, on the other hand, are merely seeking planets that should be surrendered to us.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on October 15, 2013, 05:38:59 PM

I suspect this desire may be tested rather sorely soon.  From my perspective, you border all 4 other players on multiple angles.

I am like the UN of space. I am here to coordinate peace with everyone.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on October 15, 2013, 07:27:15 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on October 15, 2013, 05:38:59 PM

I am like the UN of space. I am here to coordinate peace with everyone.

So Berk... did you start in the middle of this spiral galaxy, or did you merely move fast enough to grab the middle area first?

And dammit - my improved scouts engines may move the ships faster, but don't actually give them an increased range <_<

PRC

We have intercepted a brief unencrypted "AAR" relay from the leader known as Ton1trus... an intriguing and well received read. 

Habbaku

Quote from: Barrister on October 16, 2013, 10:27:34 PM
So Berk... did you start in the middle of this spiral galaxy, or did you merely move fast enough to grab the middle area first?

And dammit - my improved scouts engines may move the ships faster, but don't actually give them an increased range <_<

Pretty sure he started in the upper left sector and just rushed the center.  Everyone seems to have their own, little piece of the spiral.

-J. R. R. Tolkien