News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[iOS] Starbase Orion MP

Started by Barrister, September 26, 2013, 11:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on November 09, 2013, 07:26:24 PM
I haven't attacked any of my allies, either.

That is most assuredly not true. Traitor.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

:hmm:  I'm pretty sure we were at war when I attacked you.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on November 10, 2013, 09:10:23 AM

Oh please. We were allied, you used my bases to stage an attack on me. The timing of the declaration is irrelevant. Traitor.

0 rows returned

Berkut

I will admit that the game certainly has become a lot more interesting since your bald faced betrayal.

0 rows returned

Berkut

There is a lot of gameplay in the wars. Lots of interesting choices, move and counter-move.

The importance of marines becomes very apparent, for example. They absolutely delay things for the attacker considerably. I am actually surprised there isn't more tech choices around ground combat.

0 rows returned

Tonitrus

Quote from: Berkut on November 10, 2013, 10:56:13 AM
I will admit that the game certainly has become a lot more interesting since your bald faced betrayal.

That is true...I expected PRC and myself to be ground into dust before you two began clobbering each other for the top prize.

But on the topic of balance...I thought I did pretty well in system development, but from the way you and Habbaku progressed, it looks like industrious racial attributes is king.

Habbaku

If I had gone along with Berkut's plan to do that, you would both be goners, yeah, but then I'd be risking a 1 v 1 against Berkut.  No, thanks.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

So Berk is space Hitler, while Hab is space Tojo?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on November 10, 2013, 10:12:57 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on November 10, 2013, 09:10:23 AM

Oh please. We were allied, you used my bases to stage an attack on me. The timing of the declaration is irrelevant. Traitor.

I did no such thing.  I used my ally Maturin's bases to attack you and you weren't my ally at the time.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on November 08, 2013, 05:53:44 PM
Although I can still log into the game, it doesn't actually show me much.

What's happening?

I would say they should let eliminated players see everything (i.e. a Ghost mode)...but then I suppose that could be exploited by the eliminated spitefully shuffling intel to other remaining players.

Berkut

We are sad to announce that the Habbukian empire has placed the system of Mensa back under their iron fist.

However, we are pleased to note that the populations of Mensa Prime and Mensa II, once they heard of the imminent return of their previous overlords, pleaded to be relocated to other locations, and have in fact been successfully moved to other locations within our control, where they will have the opportunity to live and work and work some more under our kind and benevolent direction.

0 rows returned

PRC

As if the genocide against the Yukon_Barrister was not enough, now the galactic menace, Berkut 0412, runs slave ships to fuel his engine of war.  Berkut0412 MUST be stopped!

Berkut

They are political refugees begging for asylum!

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 10, 2013, 11:14:29 AM
But on the topic of balance...I thought I did pretty well in system development, but from the way you and Habbaku progressed, it looks like industrious racial attributes is king.

I can't take a peek at your systems the way I can PRC's, but I hope you haven't made the mistake he has.  He doesn't seem to understand that the same system can have multiple colonizable planets...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Really? I only ever colonize one per system myself.

0 rows returned