NFL Week 4: The RIGHT WOTS ALL THIS THEN thread

Started by CountDeMoney, September 25, 2013, 10:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I had a very vivid dream last night.  The Ravens won the AFC Championship game this year over the Bengals, 19-14.  At some point late in the game, the Bengals will stuff the Ray Rice running on the right side on a 4th and goal from the 1, but the Ravens will triumph.

Either that or it was just a dream.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Gups on September 27, 2013, 05:22:16 AM
Seems to have been less publicity then usual about the Wembley game.
Probably because both teams are terrible
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 27, 2013, 08:21:50 AM
Quote from: Gups on September 27, 2013, 05:22:16 AM
Seems to have been less publicity then usual about the Wembley game.
Probably because both teams are terrible
But so were the two teams from last year.  At least these two are well matched.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

I can appreciate the NFL trying to reach out to Europe--which they've tried for decades to do--but I really wish they would stop scheduling games over there, particularly during the season. 
Preseason, no big deal...but the players hate it, it wrecks practice schedules and athletes' body clocks, and they really don't want us over there anyway.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on September 27, 2013, 08:16:06 AM
I had a very vivid dream last night.  The Ravens won the AFC Championship game this year over the Bengals, 19-14.  At some point late in the game, the Bengals will stuff the Ray Rice running on the right side on a 4th and goal from the 1, but the Ravens will triumph.

You mean the Bengals had actually won a playoff game in your dream scenario??  :w00t:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 27, 2013, 08:29:42 AM
I can appreciate the NFL trying to reach out to Europe--which they've tried for decades to do--but I really wish they would stop scheduling games over there, particularly during the season. 
Preseason, no big deal...but the players hate it, it wrecks practice schedules and athletes' body clocks, and they really don't want us over there anyway.

I have no problem with a game here & there, but all the talk about putting a franchise in London needs to stop now.  By all means, bring back NFL Europe, but don't do that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Quote from: derspiess on September 27, 2013, 08:49:27 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 27, 2013, 08:29:42 AM

I have no problem with a game here & there, but all the talk about putting a franchise in London needs to stop now.  By all means, bring back NFL Europe, but don't do that.

I've got no problem in theory with putting NFL teams in Europe, but I agree that for now, getting NFL Europe or WLAF or whatever they want to call it running successfully is a better idea.

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on September 27, 2013, 08:48:15 AM
Quote from: Neil on September 27, 2013, 08:16:06 AM

You mean the Bengals had actually won a playoff game in your dream scenario??  :w00t:
Yeah I know.  Surreal, isn't it?

Tonitrus

I am gonna go ahead and all a Seahawks/Broncos Superbowl.  Good ol throwback AFC West rivalry game.

Neil

When's the last time the two favorites made it to the Superbowl?

Besides, Manning will have to play outside in January twice if he wants to make it to the Superbowl.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Neil on September 27, 2013, 04:18:06 PM

Besides, Manning will have to play outside in January twice if he wants to make it to the Superbowl.

Then play outside in February to win it.

Neil

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 27, 2013, 04:20:48 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 27, 2013, 04:18:06 PM

Then play outside in February to win it.
Yeah, that's right.  This year's Superbowl should be interesting.  My guess is the Ravens repeat.

sbr