NFL Week 4: The RIGHT WOTS ALL THIS THEN thread

Started by CountDeMoney, September 25, 2013, 10:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

CountDeMoney

Dayum, coach.

QuoteJohn Harbaugh calls out Ravens' O-line, Ed Dickson

NFL fans saw Joe Flacco throwing the Baltimore Ravens' Week 4 hopes away with five interceptions in a 23-20 loss at Buffalo on Sunday.

As we pointed out on the "Around The League Podcast" Sunday recap, though, the roots of the Ravens' problems lie hidden beneath the surface in the form of an ineffective offense line and unreliable pass catchers.

An ornery coach John Harbaugh took aim at both groups Monday, pulling no punches in his assessment of the offense's slow start.

"The whole O-line is disappointing right now," Harbaugh said, pointing out that it hasn't been a smooth transition exactly from Matt Birk to Gino Gradkowski making calls from the center position.

Offensive tackles Bryant McKinnie and Michael Oher have struggled to open running lanes, while Gradkowski and left guard Kelechi Osemele have allowed too much pressure on the interior.

With Dennis Pitta sidelined, a drop-prone Ed Dickson took the brunt of Harbaugh's ire at the pass-catching woes of the Ravens' tight ends.

"The stats kind of speak for themselves. He's not the same player right now that he was (when he caught 54 passes in 2011)," Harbaugh added. "If he has a confidence problem, that's on him. Ed needs to catch the ball. If he's thinking about anything besides that, he's doing himself a disservice. You got that kind of talent and those kind of gifts, go play ball."

While Pitta's injury and the inability to replace Anquan Boldin have left the Ravens undermanned in the passing attack, it's easy to identify with Harbaugh's frustration. The offensive line was a major asset during last year's Super Bowl run, and Dickson caught 54 passes just two years ago.

The Ravens might be frustrated because the offense is holding them back, but they're still in fine shape in a division that is up for grabs through the quarter-season mark.

"We're not the same team we were two months ago," Harbaugh explained, "and we won't be the same team two months from now."

derspiess

Damnit.  Dolphins were just getting some traction.  Now they're putting more pressure on their D :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

That's pretty moderate.  I know I would have had a hard time not referring to Ed Dickson as 'a bitch'
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

:lol: Man, I had seen short gifs of the guy eating popcorn at the Stanford game, but not the whole clip like that.  What the hell is going on with that guy?  Who pours popcorn (or whatever) all over their face like that?

E:  This gif:

The video clip shows him looking back at the field with popcorn all over his face just being a disgusting slob.

derspiess

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: derspiess on September 30, 2013, 09:28:30 PM
Wrong thread.

You mean Stanford guy?  He just won "C'mon Man!" on MNF.

E:  Well he won it during halftime.  The game has gotten significantly worse since then.

sbr

katmai

Poor frunk, he scored enough to beat 13 teams this week, just unlucky.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

fhdz

Quote from: katmai on September 30, 2013, 10:49:35 PM
Poor frunk, he scored enough to beat 13 teams this week, just unlucky.

And I, on the other hand, can't buy a fuggin win.
and the horse you rode in on

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: katmai on September 30, 2013, 11:03:22 PM
Neither can MoldySchtinkenbutt

Kinda hard when even your so-called stars fucking suck. <_<  GF is bitching about Spiller, I'd rather have him than Rice right now.

CountDeMoney

It was just a bad week, esse.  Buck up, lil' camper.