NFL Week 4: The RIGHT WOTS ALL THIS THEN thread

Started by CountDeMoney, September 25, 2013, 10:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

That's what happens when you vote Democratic.  Corporate criminals are going to commit corporate crimes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 29, 2013, 05:26:41 PM
Weird day.

I'm glad I'm so sick and hopped up on Coricidin and cough meds that I slept through the Ravens game in a fog.  Sounds like they did, too.

Wish I had had some as well.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

fhdz

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 29, 2013, 02:26:35 PM
Cutler stripped, Lions recover for another TD.

I haven't been watching the whole game, but I think the Bears might have more giveaways than first downs.

Yeah, that game was a complete shit show.
and the horse you rode in on

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 29, 2013, 05:33:27 PM
Heh.

QuoteBaltimore and Buffalo rank as the only metropolitan areas with a National Football League franchise that don't also have a Fortune 500 company within their boundaries, according to a release from Maryland Business for Responsive Government.
Maryland has four Fortune 500 companies and they are all based in Bethesda: No.   59 Lockheed Martin, No. 195 Coventry Health Care, No. 230 Marriott International and No. 469 Host Hotels and Resorts.
Jerry Wit, chairman of the nonprofit business group, said the Buffalo connection reflected poorly on Baltimore.
"Does it make you feel secure and proud to share this distinction with the city of Buffalo?" Wit said in a press release. "Does anyone working or living in Baltimore really want to be compared to Buffalo?"
Baltimore has more than 600,000 residents. In comparison, similarly-sized NFL cities with Fortune 500 companies include Atlanta (11), Charlotte (5) and Nashville (2), among others.
In the past seven years, Maryland has lost nine Fortune 500 companies while neighboring Virginia has improved from 17 to 27 Fortune 500 companies, according to MBRG.
Constellation Energy was Baltimore's sole representative on the 2012 Fortune 500 list, but was acquired by Chicago's Exelon Corp. for $7.9 billion in March of last year.

No mention of Green Bay, which I am guessing didn't make the cut as a "metropolitan area".  :P

PDH

Wyoming might have some Fortune 5000 companies.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Neil

Quote from: PDH on September 29, 2013, 07:20:42 PM
But no NFL teams and no metropolitan areas.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

PDH

Quote from: Neil on September 29, 2013, 07:26:00 PM

Ok, I will give you that.  But Wyoming does have...er...

Ok, I will get back to you.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Neil

Quote from: PDH on September 29, 2013, 07:31:13 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 29, 2013, 07:26:00 PM
Ok, I will give you that.  But Wyoming does have...er...

Ok, I will get back to you.
Splendid isolation.

Admiral Yi

MadBurgerMaker

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 29, 2013, 08:00:25 PM
Heh.  Edelman got smoked on that play.
Yeah.  Nice heads-up play by the Falcons using the fact he was engaged to take a cheapshot.

dps

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 29, 2013, 07:18:09 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 29, 2013, 05:33:27 PM
Heh.

QuoteBaltimore and Buffalo rank as the only metropolitan areas with a National Football League franchise that don’t also have a Fortune 500 company within their boundaries, according to a release from Maryland Business for Responsive Government.
Maryland has four Fortune 500 companies and they are all based in Bethesda: No.   59 Lockheed Martin, No. 195 Coventry Health Care, No. 230 Marriott International and No. 469 Host Hotels and Resorts.
Jerry Wit, chairman of the nonprofit business group, said the Buffalo connection reflected poorly on Baltimore.
“Does it make you feel secure and proud to share this distinction with the city of Buffalo?” Wit said in a press release. “Does anyone working or living in Baltimore really want to be compared to Buffalo?”
Baltimore has more than 600,000 residents. In comparison, similarly-sized NFL cities with Fortune 500 companies include Atlanta (11), Charlotte (5) and Nashville (2), among others.
In the past seven years, Maryland has lost nine Fortune 500 companies while neighboring Virginia has improved from 17 to 27 Fortune 500 companies, according to MBRG.
Constellation Energy was Baltimore’s sole representative on the 2012 Fortune 500 list, but was acquired by Chicago’s Exelon Corp. for $7.9 billion in March of last year.

No mention of Green Bay, which I am guessing didn't make the cut as a "metropolitan area".  :P

Actually, it is a metropolitan area.  No idea what Fortune 500 company is based there.

MadBurgerMaker

Nice TD pass.  If they hadn't been dumb earlier and just kicked the FG, they would have the lead now.

MadBurgerMaker

Valmy

The Redskins are only one game out of first place  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."